Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower Advice

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

So we have an 18month old son and another son on the way due in September. Our son isnt biologically my fiance's so of course with this one they are wanting to throw a baby shower. I know some people are against having a baby shower for second, third, etc kids but I need some advice. Our boys will be pretty close to the same season, only two months difference so therefor all the clothes we already have from the first will be fitting the new baby at the right time. We did end up getting rid of alot of things because we didnt think we would be having another baby so soon. So is there a polite way of saying we dont need any clothes as his big brother will be passing down all of his on the invitations??

Brooke, Fiance to Garrett, Mommy to Keaton 11.15.2007, Expecting #2 September 18th, 2009

pregnancy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM

nope

just return or exchange them 

wells75904
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I had showers for all 3 of my kids, but for my 3rd since I had everything I needed I just had a diaper shower, it was great I didnt have to buy diapers for like 7mo! I would just make out the invitations and when people ask just tell them what you need, or just have a plain diaper shower but that is all you will get

I am a PROUD Vaccinating, Circumcising, Spanking, TROOP SUPPORTING, CIO,  FORWARD Facing, republican, disposable diapering, buying junk food with food stamps, Public school sending, PRO LIFE under ALL circumstances (abortion is murder), anti-gay marriage, Israel Supporting, Christian SAHM mom who knows the bible is literal truth from cover to cover.  I don't tip unless you EARN it, you don't get a tip just because you don't make that much money so learn to wait on me good or find another job with a guaranteed income, I think the war in Iraq was justified and we should finish, I dont like Obama but I am patriotic enough to respect his office, None of this makes me a bad mama any more than your decisions make you one.

krlevalley
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I think if you have all the clothes you need then tell people you have plenty.  There is nothing wrong with that.

momoftwo0720
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I would not say anything. Just return the clothes you dont want. You might piss people off by saying i dont want clothes just big stuff. Or just register for stuff you want. I like the diaper shower idea.

Brandie_xo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM

maybe you could put somethign int he invite along the lines of "Thanks to his big brother, baby is set on clothes for a while"  im sure there s abetter way to word it though, lol

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 19

pregnancy

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I would tell people you don't need any more clothes. I also make a baby registry, that way people have an idea of what you want. The only problem with those is, a lot of people don't check them for some reason. I find it funny because they ask what you want, but don't bother looking at the registry.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

tabhonn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:26 PM

i agree

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

nope

just return or exchange them 

KeatonsMama404
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Thank you ladies! My friend also mentioned saying something like " Baby's closet is bursting at the seams with his big brother's clothing but we are registered for other fun things at _______"

Brooke, Fiance to Garrett, Mommy to Keaton 11.15.2007, Expecting #2 September 18th, 2009

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)