Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how early is too early????

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

how early do you mail out your birthday invites for your kids???? my dd's party is july 11th is it too early to mail out the invites now???

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I'd say about 3 weeks, sooner than that people will forget or misplace the invite 

Brandie_xo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I'd say about 3 weeks, sooner than that people will forget or misplace the invite 

this

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 19

pregnancy

tabhonn

I'd say 2 weeks 

CravenMami

no it's not early. mail them out. Rough 3-4 weeks in advance. Sometimes take a week in mail.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I try to do at least 2 weeks in advance, sometimes 3 weeks.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

Fairegirl33
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM

yeah 2 - 3 weeks tops or everyone will forget, and THANK you for not sending them out 3 days before, I hate it when I get them home from school the week before the party, and then I'm the bad mommy for already having plans :(

kerijeanbean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

How close do the people you are inviting live.  If they are in the same town  I would send them out 10 days to two weeks.  There is usually a separate mailbox for mail being sent within the same city  If they are farther away send out 2 weeks before hand.  Any sooner than that and people will forget about the party.  The three week rule is  generally for weddings, not kids' birthday parties.  Have fun.

Keri

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

thanks i did~!

Quoting CravenMami:

no it's not early. mail them out. Rough 3-4 weeks in advance. Sometimes take a week in mail.

CafeMom Tickers

sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I mail them out 3 weeks before. We have family all over the place and they need to get their invites soon so they can schedule time off from work, arrange appts accordingly etc.. 

Loved4Sure
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM

invites should be sent out in a timely manner depending on the season, month and any holidays that might be near.

I would say yes mail them now. Especially since people travel a lot in the summer months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)