• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you forgive a cheater?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Could you forgive your SO for cheating?

Options:

Never.

Yes, if he was truly sorry and regretted it.

I'd have to think about it for awhile.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

I forgave my fiance for cheating on me one time, and it seems I always hear, "Once a cheater, always a cheater", "If my SO cheated on me, he'd be out the door" and so on.

So I was just wondering how many of you think that way and how many of you believe you could forgive your SO for cheating.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liha
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

To be quite honest, forgiving would be one thing. Letting him back into my life after the deed has been done would not happen. I have a very low tolerance for men who cheat.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I would forgive my husband. We would get counseling for sure to try and work through the reasons why he cheated. I don't believe in divorce, unless there are really bad things happening like abuse, so we would work through it.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

heidi37217
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Have you guys seen the movie "he's just not that into you"? 

ass.jpg funny insult quote image by i_love_emo_boyz_2007   bobmarleyquote2sa1.jpg judge me image by jendgreen_photos    

RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

bellasmom32808
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Absolutely not, I'd be a fool to let a cheater back into my life. How would I know he wouldn't do it again? Trust is a very big thing with me.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM

As long as it was something he regretted & was sorry about, I would forgive him & go to counseling to save our marriage.

mrussell84

I don't believe that saying "once a cheater always a cheater".  Back when my husband and I were dating I cheated on him and we split up obviously.  After a couple of years we worked things out and have been together ever since.  Now, I wouldn't DREAM of cheating on him.  He forgave me and i think everyone deserves a second chance.

Robin_Ayla

Never ever ever. I am the type of person that when you betray me, I will never look back or even consider a second chance. I guess it stems back to my VERY bad family. I can't even trust them! So the answer is NO!

Fairegirl33
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Right now I say NO, but it might think differently if I was put in that situation. 

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM

If I was asked this 6 years ago I would have said yes I forgave him he was sorry and promised never to do it again. Since its not 6 years ago, Im not an idiot, and have lived and learned. Once a cheater always a cheater and I have no time for that. If he doesnt get his crap out of my house than I will do it for him.

Kassie09
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I could forgive a cheater...but,I would never trust the cheater,or be with that person again!

Moms with Attitude is a group for us moms to come together to chat,have fun,and enjoy yourselves.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/MomsWithAttitude

blinkie_ilovemygirlspink.gifblinkie_happilymarried_pink.giffullmom.gif image by Venus853

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)