Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do kids start telling 'stories'?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

I hope this is a just a stage but it has me stressed out.

The kids Dad and I aren't together any longer. They go with him 3 days a week while I am at work and stay the night one of those nights. So he doesn't get them as often as I do but it's what works best for us.

The thing that gets me is that he tells me my 2 year old never wants to go with me, he cries when he finds out its time to come home, he says Chris (my bf) is mean.  But when we are all at home, Jaden wants to be with Chris, asks Chris for most everything, if I say no goes to Chris. They get by with a lot more cause of Chris telling me to chill out, in the year I have been with Chris the kids have seen more places, discovered more things, learned alot more stuff, are shown so much more then ever before and what I could do and show them. Chris is not replacing the kids Dad, we all know that. He is more of their friend and wants to just be a good 'step dad' (we are engaged). Ya, we have fought a few times in front of the kids which has been stopped cause we know its not good for them and we shouldn't be fighting any way.s

THe only thing I can even figure out as far as why they want to stay with Dad and not come home is they get by with everything at his house, no bedtime, candy, lots and lots of milk, play video games, watch tv, etc...at home milk is limited cause dr said he is drinking way too much, candy is limited to when he does good and bedtime is at 8. Their Dad also gives in whenever they are crying or whiney to make them happy, depending on why they are crying or whiney  I don't always give in - if he wants milk and throws his cup he won't get anything for awhile. Dr said he needed to drink more water and they don't ever have water at their dad's house.

So I got off the phone with him a little bit ago and feel like a horrible Mom cause my kids hate being at my house. He is nto the type to make up this stuff or tell the kids bad things. I don't know, do kids start making up things up at a certain age or what! IDK! HELP!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Kids go thru phases where they like people more then others.  My daughter is going thru a phase where all she wants is her papa, my nephew is stuck on me like glue.  I wouldn't worry, I think it's normal.

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

ain-gell72
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM

for one, kids from a divorce or separation WILL play the parents against each other. I have seen them do it as young as 1. it is just a phase if you and your ex stick to the same rules, that is where it gets very tricky! but until you and dad are on the same page, this will continue.

I want to know, there is no water at dad's? why the hell not? my kids would not go there if dude had no water! I hope you can clear that one up!

ILOVEJAYANDHAY
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Well there is water, lol! He just doesn't enforce them to drink it and the DR already said they need to drink it more. Every time they come from there - they have chocolate milk.

Quoting ain-gell72:

for one, kids from a divorce or separation WILL play the parents against each other. I have seen them do it as young as 1. it is just a phase if you and your ex stick to the same rules, that is where it gets very tricky! but until you and dad are on the same page, this will continue.

I want to know, there is no water at dad's? why the hell not? my kids would not go there if dude had no water! I hope you can clear that one up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)