Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need opinions...my husband and I disagree

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my future SIL asked me to be in her wedding as a bridesmaid,**EDIT** I said yes but this was a loong time ago, I forgot to add that in......But now I really don't want to b/c I will have just had a baby and two other kids.  The wedding is at 11 in the morning, it is going to be extremely difficult to get the boys ready for the wedding, myself, and get my hair done all before eleven.  I will also be breastfeeding. 

Sooo...she says she wants two of her friends in the wedding and my BIL has one person he wants to ask...she can't just ask one b/c the other will get mad ( I guess) so do you think it's rude if I back down and offer for her to invite her friends and I can do something else to help out?  She said she didn't think about them when she asked the other bridesmaids...Please help me...my husband says I can't back down but I honestly don't think she will care.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rockinmama07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I would tell her exactly what you said here, and tell her that you appreciate her asking you but you don't feel that you could be a good bridesmaid at this time and that you think her asking one of her friends to step in would be a wonderful thing.

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." - Ed Asner

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I would see if she can find someone else. Explain everything to her. I'm sure she would understand.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

yayay15
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I just edited my post...it wasn't very clear...I already said yes about 8 months ago...right before I found out I was pregnant...do you think it's rude to back down after saying yes even though she has two other people she wants to ask?

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

I would see if she can find someone else. Explain everything to her. I'm sure she would understand.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I would be so upset if someone had backed out of my wedding.  It is a very special day and you already commited to it!

Maybe instead you could just tell her that if she wants one of the others to take your place that would be ok since it will be hard for you to get your entire family ready.

Quoting yayay15:

I just edited my post...it wasn't very clear...I already said yes about 8 months ago...right before I found out I was pregnant...do you think it's rude to back down after saying yes even though she has two other people she wants to ask?

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)