• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Need ideas for a bubble party!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

My dd is having her 1st party THIS WEEKEND, and I need ideas- FAST!

We're doing a bubble theme, as there will be a wide variety of ages in attendance.

I'm giving all the kiddos under 13 a container of bubbles & wand for party favors, and am borrowing a bubble maker from someone to use. The invitations were bubble themed. We'll have bubble wands and solution set up around. Unfortunately, that's all I've come up with, and I'm afraid that everyone is going to be bored stiff. It WILL be held at a playground, so there will be something else to do.

I need ideas for making bubble themed cupcakes/cake (need to be able to make it myself, as we're on a tight budget).

Also, any other fun ideas?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Babyshoe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Some toy stores have edible bubbles. That may may be fun for the kids to catch in their mouth. What about a kiddie swimming pool with soapy water for play. Kids could either sit in it or play with water toys in it.

Instead of cupcakes, what about cookies that they frost (depending on the age)?

I think that you're party will be just fine since it's at a playground. I work in daycare and the kids play at the playground everyday for 45 minutes in the morning and up to 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon. They aren't bored and they do that everyday :) Enjoy!!!

fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I would do like the PP suggested.  Get cookies or cupcakes that the kids can decorate.  Just use blue icing and white sprinkles.  Just different shades of blue frosting.

SweetpeaAK
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of that. That's a really good idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)