• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this okay?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know that people sometimes have huge b-day parties for there little ones, but I grew up in a family that just had more family over, cake, icecream, gift-opening, and that was about it. I'm trying to do a little bit of a mix for my dd's 1st b-day.

It will pretty much just be family in attendance (all range of ages). We'll be holding it at a playground, having cupcakes and juice, bubble blower and  a small assortment of bubble solution and wands.

I was just thinking the kids could have un-organized play, and then a cake time, and then a gift opening time. ...is this going to be totally lamo? Does anybody else do it this simply? Am I a bad host for not providing more games and food?

...I guess I'm kinda worried that it'll come accross as just having people over to give my daughter gifts or something. What do you think?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM

It sounds fine to me. For my daughter's birthday's we just get some hot and ready pizzas and cake and ice cream. The kids either play outside, depending on the season, or in the playroom and the adults talk.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

Carolbrady100
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM

It sounds perfect for a first birthday, especailly since it's a mixed group. Keep it simple, things dont always goes as planned when kids are involved. I'm sure it will be a great party!

lilianasmom1116
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM

thats what i'm pretty much used to. this party is for your dd. what games do you think she will be able to play??? lol at my dd i made food, we sang and did birthday cake then opened presents. i rented a small hall so there was even less for kids to do, i did no treat bags either. with mostly family there, they should want to be there for your daughter, not for fun and games. the day is about her, no worries, just do what you plan. oh and she wont remember it anyways so no need to really "over do" it :)

SweetpeaAK
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Okay, thank you :) I feel better.

sgtwalkerswife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM

that sounds great if you want to do anything extra for the older kids maybe get a pinata thats the only difference from the party ur planning and the ones i had as a kid

starryeyez23
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I just had my daughters first birthday this weekend...I invited family and hubbs and i close friends...We got out our little toddler pool filled that up.set up the sprinkler...we had a fire going and chairs around it once it got dark and we just kinda all hung around.I had nothing planned.it happened when it happened....everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)