Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping in own room.....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

HOW DID YOU GUYS EVER START?!?!?!?!

My son is not a co-sleeper, but he sleeps in a playpen in our room.  He will be 6 months in a few weeks.  We just moved into our new house last week, and I always told myself that when we moved, I would start having him sleep in his own room.  BUT I JUST CANT DO IT!!! =(

I am TERRIFIED to have him in another room.  Its not like its right next door to ours, it on the the other corner of the house from our room.  I would have to go down 2 hallways and through the living room to get to him =( Yes, we have a baby monitor, but I dont think that will give me the peace of mind that I need.

What did you guys do to get over the fear?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
babybump87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM

i sent you a personal message because it wouldnt let me respond to your post until just now, and for the sake of not haing to re-write the whole message i just wanted to let you know....

PregoDiana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM

haha! thank you!

anyone else?

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Do you have a video monitor?  Try that, it was never a problem for me

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

yayay15
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I had that problem with my first son....now I can't get him out of my room!!  Every night he wakes up and comes in our, every single night!!!  When I had my second son, I had no choice but to put him in his own room and crib b/c my other son was always in our bed so I just kind of got over it.  I also have a gate at the top of the stairs so I can hear if someone opens it, and I have a monitor in there so I can hear stuff that's going on.....It's hard with your first though!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)