Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i help her??? ** she did it **

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

ugh....right now im hearing my 2yr old cry and constantly telling me she is sorry and asking me to help her....what did she do you ask??? she deliberately threw her lunch on the floor....and now she is refusing to pick it up.......

all the crying is making me sad especially since she asked me to help her through tears...but i dont want her to think if she continues to throw food on the floor that im gonna always help pick it up.....

maybe this is one of those "choose your battle" deals.......but i need some suggestions....

**finally she picked up the food....i didnt help, but i did give her a small trash bag so she didnt have to get up constantly to throw away food...

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlepasti
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Be strong if she sees you give in she will do it all the time! good luck

TiredMommy6906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

When my daughter acts like this, I get down with her and help her pick it up, making sure she picks up a little bit too.  

momofboys631
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Do not help....her crying hurts you worse than it does her!

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

momoftwo0720
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM

If she threw it on the floor she needs to pick it up. Don't give in, because then she will know if she cries she will get her way. Stick to it!!

nikkiJ86

I would help her,but make sure that she helps too.My son will do that and then when I go to help him,he will TRY to run off and play.

Loved4Sure

hold your ground mama!

2girlsMom.MN
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

If she deliberately threw it on the ground then there is NO way I'd help pick it up. If you do you are teaching her a really crazy way to get attention and showing her she can misbehave and it'll get her somewhere. I'd make my kid eat it off the floor, go without, or pick it up themselves if they deliberately threw it on the ground.

Nanna22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

This is a "choose your battles" situation, but I say stand your ground Mama!! If you help her with this - what will be the next thing.?  Don't surrender!! You are the Mom!!surrender

kittymeri
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

i would sit down with her while she picks it up. "pick up this piece, now this one, this piece, right here..." so she would have my support but i would not pick any of it up

gettinserious
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Perfect answer!!
Quoting kittymeri:

i would sit down with her while she picks it up. "pick up this piece, now this one, this piece, right here..." so she would have my support but i would not pick any of it up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)