• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband's travelling JOB ( needing some advice)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband has had a job that requires him to travel.  He has been doing this for 2 years now, and I feel like its getting harder and harder.  He has friends that will tell him, that with travelling everything will get easier, may be hard at first, but gets easier to deal with.  For me it gets harder and harder.  There are times when I miss him so much and need him to be here with our kids and I , then there  are times when its ok.  I am greatful that he does have a job in this economy.  I thank GOD for that every day.  But I need my husband back.  I feel like he is missing out on so much, even though he is gone only Mon- Thurs.  Any advice for me on this situation?  Anyone else in this situation as well.

Also, his communication with me is not good when he is away!

A little more background on us.

We have been together for 15 years

2 kids, a 14 year old and a 9 year old.

Moved to Atlanta, GA from Rochester, NY 2 years ago, from a job that was 9-5pm

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mama2madi.n.max
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM

My husband travels for work too, he actually left this morning & will not be back until Thursday. Luckily my hubby isn't gone every week. He has been at this job for over a year now, and although it's difficult it pays all of our bills. I would love to tell you things get better, but that isn't always the case.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

My husband is an over the road truck driver, so i know how you feel.   When we were first married it was very difficult for me to adjust to it.  In the beginning he was jerk when he was out there.  He had his reasons for doing it.  He was seperating himself from us to an extint because it was difficult for him to be apart from us.   He hated missing so many of Kylie's milestones when she was born.   We were able to get past that and he is himself now when he is out there.   We talk several times a day.   We have been married for 7 years now and it certainly has not been easy but it's doable you just need to be open with each other and things will work out.

goodson_2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

I know how you feel, my husband is in Iraq and has been for almost a year now and its does not get easier thats for sure, all you can do is keep busy. Maybe on one of his trips you can go with him. Kinda make it like a mommy daddy vaction. I hope you start to feel better

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and proud Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)