Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you drive your kids around in?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  • 128 Replies

Poll

Question: With kid(s) on board I drive:

Options:

Truck

Car

SUV or Suburban

Van

Minivan

Station Wagon

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 295

View Results

Our family is growing and my otherwise picky husband is actually allowing me to choose the (used) vehicle we will be carrying our kids & their friends in, we are thinking at least a 6 seater. (Yet he has already said no to a suburban because he said they guzzle too much gas.)

I am curious what other mommas are driving their kiddos around in & what do you like or hate about the vehicle? (Sorry if I left anything out of the poll)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM

It depends on what vehicle isnt broken at the time...right this minute, im driving the 2WD Toyota pickup, while i wait for my explorer to be fixed...afte Avyn is born, all i will be able to drive is the explorer, being as i will have 3 kids, 2 of which are still in carseats, and one in a booster

lipstickclouds
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM

A Plymouth Grand Voyager...not the most attractive thing in the world but it was big enough for myself, hubby and our 4 kids ( all of them still in booster or carseats), plus a friend if nessesary and we could afford to buy it with cash...it's older but it's actually held up pretty well...and it's got a lot of room lol.  

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

We have a Lincoln Navigator and, yes, it's a gas guzzler but it's also safe and very comfortable with all the bells and whistles, so it makes it easier to travel in, especially with two carseats, which are in the second row and my 16 y/o has plenty of room in the 3rd row for herself.

nokesmomof2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

i drive a ford explorer

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM

We just traded our kia sedona mini van in for a 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring!!!

momnc28341
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I have a ford escape.  I have  3 girls..one in a booster.  I like it...not big and bulky ...not  too bad on gas.  Has enough room in the back incase we need to put groceries in the back or other things.  I bought it used and havent had any problems .......well...except the window needs a new regulator in it...but being used im expecting things like that.

nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM

The vehicle that I drive my kids around in is a 40 seater,lol.I ride the bus.(sorry I couldn't resist)

MommyOnLI
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM

i have 1 right now and 1 due in July... we just got the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country 25th Anniversary Edition.  we LOVE IT!

LeanneC
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I have a monte carlo that DH bought before we got together. The loan is up the end of this year and we will be selling it to buy something bigger.

I've been looking at trailblazers... the ext version.  It's a 7 seater, I can get leather and they're cute... lol.   Good reasoning there.  We'll look into it more when the time comes...

graciejoe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:35 PM

We have a suburban.  I don't like the gas mileage, I do like that it seats our whole family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)