Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody question

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

ok ladies my son is 4 and his father is supposed to see him every saturday and monday....well its been a while since hes been there...now he has started to not call to let me know hes not taking him...he calls today to tell me that he canceled his insurance that he is supposed to legally carry for him. didnt bother to ask how he was or anything and said that he hadnt called for like a month because his phone was broken.....for 1 he has a wife and she has a phone...plus their daughter will be 1 next month and i think that the wife is the reason that he has thrown his relationship to hell with our son. not to mention that he thinks since he pays 336 a month that he shouldnt have to do anything. what would yall think?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM

At least he's paying Child Support.

It's important that he be in the child's life and insurance can be costly. Have you been able to call him and have a conversation with him as to why he cancelled his son's insurance and hasn't been by??

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

yeah he actually called today...the last time he was going to take him he told me that if he didnt behave he was coming home. and he said that he cancelled his insurance because it was getting too expensive and basically that he shouldnt have to carry it since he pays support.

Quoting GOBryan:

At least he's paying Child Support.

It's important that he be in the child's life and insurance can be costly. Have you been able to call him and have a conversation with him as to why he cancelled his son's insurance and hasn't been by??

Buggy979
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

If he has a court order to carry the insurance for your ds then I would inform the courts that he has cancelled it.  At least he pays child support. But whenever he does something that is a court order I would inform them.

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM

absolutely but the court here wont do anything unless hes a month behind in support. i have been debating to call my lawyer...it just seems very odd that he didnt call and neither did his mother (ds gma) because normally if he doesnt take him she will. so i think something is brewing as well.

Quoting Buggy979:

If he has a court order to carry the insurance for your ds then I would inform the courts that he has cancelled it.  At least he pays child support. But whenever he does something that is a court order I would inform them.

Miranda926
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Where I am if he is paying the child support the courts wont do anything.  Not only that, usually the father is only required to carry insurance on a child is if it is readily available to him through his employer..and its super easy to lie about that.  IMO if you take him back to court over just the insurance you will probably spend more money than you would make with the insurance.

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM

yeah i really just wish in all actuality that he would just sign off and let my husband adopt him....he got his self into this mess...i didnt want his help but he took me to court and has basically hung hisself.

Quoting Miranda926:

Where I am if he is paying the child support the courts wont do anything.  Not only that, usually the father is only required to carry insurance on a child is if it is readily available to him through his employer..and its super easy to lie about that.  IMO if you take him back to court over just the insurance you will probably spend more money than you would make with the insurance.

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM

he must not realize that without the insurance HE is going to have to cover the full cost of any of your sons medical bills. At least that's how it goes with my sister and her ex.

kerijeanbean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM

IK would enjoy the child support and forget about visitations.  I know the insurance issue is a pain, but is it worth the fight?  I have not heard frm my ex in 2 years.  He hasn't seen his son in 5 years.  I get child support and I don't have to deal with his BS.  My husband covers his insurance.  It is easier than fighting with an idiot.  Just my thoughts.

Keri,

Wife to Bryan,

Mom to Christopher 3/27/2000, Blaine 12/15/2005, Elizabeth 2/9/2009

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Then why don't you bring it up? Tell him to sign over his rights and then he wouldn't have to pay child support or insurance.

Quoting navywifey2006:

yeah i really just wish in all actuality that he would just sign off and let my husband adopt him....he got his self into this mess...i didnt want his help but he took me to court and has basically hung hisself.

Quoting Miranda926:

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

yeah thats exactly what im doing.....my husband takes care of him...hes been his dad since he was 1.  and i wouldnt take him to court just over that...i would wait until there was something else...plus im not gonna pay a lawyer for no reason.

Quoting kerijeanbean:

IK would enjoy the child support and forget about visitations.  I know the insurance issue is a pain, but is it worth the fight?  I have not heard frm my ex in 2 years.  He hasn't seen his son in 5 years.  I get child support and I don't have to deal with his BS.  My husband covers his insurance.  It is easier than fighting with an idiot.  Just my thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)