Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be mad about this....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

My MIL and FIL don't get along with their barents or my MIL's brother and his life bartner.  My in laws don't agree with the brother's lifestyle and the fact that he lives in a very nice house right behind us.  When we moved to our beice of broberty and built a house, the broberty was a gift from the grandbarents who also live close by. They said if we ever wanted the broberty behind us to let them know.  Well we couldn't afford the taxes on that much land so we never said we wanted it. So the grandbarents gave it to MIL's brother.  I don't have an issue with this but the inlaws due, and they have been on the outs with the grandbarents ever since. And they also have been kind of rude to MIL's brother since he lives on what would have been 'our' land.  So anyway last time the in laws were over they told my 5 year old that, "we don't talk to those beoble or go over their because they are mean to your grandma."  And it made dd ubset.  They also told her something about the brother 'tricking' them and stealing something from them.  So the brother came over to give my dd a birthday card, and as he was leaving dd shouts out, '' Remember, don't trick grandma and grandba!"  I think this is highly innabrobriate for dd to know about the tension between them.  I really don't know what all has been said to her since she sbends alot of time with her grandbarents.  I thought that they would never say things to her about the family tension but they have so who knows what else they have been saying.  I am considering limiting her time with them until its clear that sort of talk is innabrobriate for a 5 year old to know about. What do you think..

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babybump87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

it is innapropriate, i would say something, like leave us out of this whole deal, dont bring us into it and dont talk to us about it, especially our child who is too young to truly understand anyways, and i would also tell them that their drama is their drama and nobody else's and they need to keep it to themselves instead of spreading it around like the damn plague

gettinserious
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM
I'm sorry, but I could barely get through that I was laughing so hard at all of your P's being B's!! LOL! Anyway-yes, I would be mad.
nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Quoting gettinserious:

I'm sorry, but I could barely get through that I was laughing so hard at all of your P's being B's!! LOL! Anyway-yes, I would be mad.

Loved4Sure
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM

ok, off topic, but everytime I read your posts all the p's are subsititued with b's.

is your keyboard broken?

I ask, because that happened to me once. just curious!!

= )

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Quoting gettinserious:

same here! I was crackin up cuz I was actually saying the words the way they were spelled

MelaniesMama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM

LMAO I thought it was funny too.  maybe shes missing a key?
But Id be pissed, shes to little to be in on somethinglike that.

Quoting gettinserious:

Osstie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Yeah that's ridiculous. The grandparents should know better and let her be a kid.

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Quoting Loved4Sure:

ok, off topic, but everytime I read your posts all the p's are subsititued with b's.

is your keyboard broken?

I ask, because that happened to me once. just curious!!

= )

maybe she has a cold? my P's sound like B's when I'm sick har har

mamahoang
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

That is ridiculous! I most certainly would be mad about it and I agree, I would make it very clear to them that such talk with your daughter is inappropriate and unexceptable. Sorry you have to deal with such drama! Good luck!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

momoftwo0720
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I would be pissed. They don't need to get kids involved. I would tell them not to say anything else about it or not come around your kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)