Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do for our Earth?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 25 Replies

Well what things do you to help our Earth?

Our family recycles cans, we compost, we grow a few vegetables in a garden, I try to use reusable shopping bags when I remember to bring them in! I feel as though we could do much more but these are the things we have been tring to do!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

We recycle all plastics 1, 2, 3 & 7, metals and glass.

I've started using eco-friendly cleaners (bathroom & dishwasher).  We also reuse our plastic bags around the house for trash and cat litter :)

~Jill~

erin_suzy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM

We recycle and I try to use reusable grocery bags but the cashiers at my local grocery always seem disturbed by having to mess with it. They check me when I leave too and it comes across to me as a bigger deal than it should be. I feel like I am the only one that shops in the store with reusable grocery bags - lol. I would grow a garden but the deer eat anything I try to grow.

Osstie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I reuse grocery bags for trash bags, I buy recycled paper products, and recycle. We use those lightbulbs that are better/ use less energy. I'm sure there's lots more we could do tho.

momof1.5
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM

oh yeah...we use the energy efficient bulbs too and reuse what plastic bags we have for garbage as well =)

mrsJLA
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Lets see, both our vehicles are hybrids. We recycle plastic bags for dog/cat poop/litter. We recycle plastic/glass. We invested in energy star appliances when we got the house... my hubby refinishes old furniture from friends/relatives instead of throwing it out.  

IzabelleMae
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I know this sounds really bad, but all I do is recycle cans and bottles. I reuse my shopping bags for like trash can liners. LoL. I don't care for the "green" cleaners. I like my bleach and Mr. Clean cleaners. Wow. I really need to step it up....

But my DD loves to help mommy and daddy sort cans. I guess thats a start...

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

We aren't into the whole "natural living" thing. We like our creature comforts (including our cleaners and real toilet paper). We do recycle cans and bottles.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

jessi437
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM

ditto! I do walk to work everyday though!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We aren't into the whole "natural living" thing. We like our creature comforts (including our cleaners and real toilet paper). We do recycle cans and bottles.

emilysmom1966
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM

dittobump

Quoting Osstie:

I reuse grocery bags for trash bags, I buy recycled paper products, and recycle. We use those lightbulbs that are better/ use less energy. I'm sure there's lots more we could do tho.

christina0607
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I don't try too hard...if at all. I recycle cans and bottles most of the time. I buy energy start appliances, because it saves me money.

I can't think of anything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)