• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaking,spotting and pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

what would cause me to be leaking fluid looking stuff and spotting? I am freaking out here. My backs also killing me... I was talking to my friend and she says thats signs of labor.. but im only 17 wks.. how would that make sense.. but yeah she keeps telling me to go to the hosptial.. easier said then done.. my husbands out of town.. i have my 10 year old cousin helping me with my daughter while hes gone and idk if she be able to handle my hyperactive two year old. i have nobody to watch her either so yeah.. i don't know.. i called the dr about spotting it wasnt my dr it was an on call doctor and hes a total dick and just said to take it easy keep my feet up and stuff.. easier said than done..  and i don't know if I should go to the hospital or what.. what would you girls suggest.. would there be a specific reason as to why I am leaking fluid looking stuff and was spotting..

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babybump87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM

go to the hospital.... better be safe than sorry, bring cousin and baby with you, the hospital cant refuse you because you have children, they will just put them behind the curtain while they do your exam

saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

the leaking may just be urine. I can't tell you how many times I had that and freaked out, went to the hospital to get checked and it wasn't my waters. The spotting, is it red or is it brownish? if it's dark that means old blood if it's red that means new. I'd be more worried if it was red. the three together can be a sign of preterm labor and you should get checked ASAP. or you might have a UTI which could also cause all of these. Yes go get checked. you can never be too safe.

twinboys22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM
I would call over to the hospital that you are going to deliver at and talk to the Labor and Delivery RN and they can tell you what to do. Also I hear that laying on your left side helps and taking a warm not hot shower or bath could help if you think you are going into labor.
Good luck! And I hope that you are not going into labor!
Crissy2424
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Sounds to me like you might be overdoing it. I would say if you are having lots of blood come out and pains then I would go to the hospital. I spotted once during my pregnancy and that is what the doc told me. If you are that worried then go to the hospital, but it just sounds like you should be taking it easy.

Lilypie
swizzlefiz

You can take kids to the ER if you have to.  I've done it.

Proudmama2009

I am prob going to go I just know the doctor is going to be mad if they get called esp telling me to rest.. but how can i do that with me leaking, and spotting and all that.. im just stressing myself out right now..

Quoting saralouise:

the leaking may just be urine. I can't tell you how many times I had that and freaked out, went to the hospital to get checked and it wasn't my waters. The spotting, is it red or is it brownish? if it's dark that means old blood if it's red that means new. I'd be more worried if it was red. the three together can be a sign of preterm labor and you should get checked ASAP. or you might have a UTI which could also cause all of these. Yes go get checked. you can never be too safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)