Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED ADVICE (Or a bump)PLEASE!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

We recently put our kids in daycare. It is just for the summer while I am working full-time. They have been going to pre-school 2 days a week previously. They have no problems with that. This is the 2nd week of daycare. They told me it would take about 2 weeks for them to become ajusted.  Our 3 yr ds old cried from the moment he wakes up, throughout the day, and from the time he gets picked up until he goes to sleep. Literally like 6 hours a day. Our dd 1 has started pulling out her hair and scratching herself in the face and back of her neck(she has pulled her hair since birth) but it has progressed since starting daycare. I really do not know what to do. I know that the reason my 3 yr old doesn't want to go to daycare is bc "people hit him" and the teacher tells him to "go nite-nite" and "mommy not there with me". We are trying to figure out a way to take them out but are having a hard time bc i need my job (i carry the insurance for our family).

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IzabelleMae
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:29 PM

No clue. Here's a bump for you.

christina0607

Maybe start interviewing other daycares

yayay15

Maybe you can find someone to come to your house for the summer....that's my only advice.  It would be hard, we tried to go to this fitness club by our house and we put the kids in their daycare while we work out or swim and it never fails that one of the kids doesn't want to go there and cries the entire time...we are canceling our membership.  Or maybe look around for another provider, maybe this one just isn't right for them.

SIS213

HERE GOES ,I AM GOING TO BUMP THIS ONE SORRY.

vanessa1208
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I would try to give it some more time if not maybe finding a in home baby sitter who can work with the kids with projects and other educational things. They maybe more comfortable in their own home and less likely to act out or be upset about having to stay at the daycare.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM

bump

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

starrynight819
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting SIS213:

HERE GOES ,I AM GOING TO BUMP THIS ONE SORRY.

pregnancy

kmsmommy430
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM

i would try and find someone who can come to your house for the summer.

i am 23 yr old military wife mother of one ds and i have an 18 yr old adopted daughter. i am a non spanking, vaxing, non cio, erf, organic feeding , juice limiting, smokeing, dispossible diaper useing mom , who cant stand people telling me how to raise my ds. if you dont like what i do then dont do it with yours. i didnt marry you or have babys with you so  ill do it my way and you do it yours.

air forceteen girltoddler boy

STACIEH
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

bump

nessy1980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM

this happened to my oldest. I put him in daycare because I had to work and he'd come home and cry every day and then when i would visit him hed be crying. I thought it was because he was adjusting well this daycare never listened to me it was when he had the rota virus and the doctors were thinking i was crazy because he kept getting sick and this daycare wouldnt listen to me when i said give him gatoraide well when he was sent to the ER for dehydration I took him out. he was at the daycare for a month. I took him the doctors every month well anyway once I switched daycares he was fine. The ladies who were watching him told me not to visit him but I never thought anything of it. Id switch your kids because something is happening there that is obviously bothering them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)