• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HAD A WEIRD U/S TODAY, AND I HAVE QUESTIONS

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am at high risk with this pregnancy so i have ultrasounds every 4 weeks. i am currently 34 weeks and 3 days pregnant. the u/s tech told me that Riley weighs 6lb 4 oz already and that is an ok weight but when she measured his belly it is showing his gestational age as 37wks and 5dys but everything else was on target and it worried me.

she asked if i had my sugar test and i told her yes and i passed so she sent for the doctor. The doctor who acted like he could care less about what was going on asked me what i have been "feeding this kid", he told me that the baby was a good weight but just fat. i don't understand, if he is a good weight how can he be fat?? i am worried about my baby, has this happened to anyone else?? my mom says  she thinks they have my due date wrong and i am starting to think that also since i lost my mucus plug the other day. but the doctor told me that i am still due july 17th and nothing is wrong.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mami9207
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Ultrasounds are not accurate. You may be farther along than he thinks. What did he have to say about you loosing your plug?

Don't stress, i'm sure your baby is fine!

dlepasti
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM

well if anything happens remember go with your instinct just go straight to labor and delivery, dr's make mistakes and you dont want somthing to go wrong because you didnt listern to your instincts, good luck and keep us posted!

kittymeri
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:41 PM

may be the way baby was positioned at the time, stretching you a certian way.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Don't worry about the baby, I am sure everything is just fine.  If his belly is a little bigger than its subbosed to be it could be because he just finnished drinking alot of amniotic fluid.  They do drink it to bractice swallowing.  So he may have just had a full tummy.  Also ultrasounds are not that accurate.  When I was 34 wks they told me dd was measuring at 7 lbs.  She was born at 41 wks weighing 6 lbs 1 oz. So according to the ultrasound she should have weighed at least 9 lbs at the time she was born.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

Dconnorsmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

he said "oh it's fine, it could be weeks before you go into labor so don't worry about it"... i have an OB app on Friday and hopefully she can give me some answers

Quoting Mami9207:

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Ultrasounds are not accurate. You may be farther along than he thinks. What did he have to say about you loosing your plug?

Don't stress, i'm sure your baby is fine!

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I WOULDNT WORRY. MAYBE YOULL GET YOUR LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY A LITTLE EARLY. NO BIG DEAL HE OR SHE SHOULD BE READY TO COME OUT. USUALLY THE LAST 4 WEEKS IS JUST A WEIGHT GAIN PERIOD. AT LEAST I WAS TOLD. I NEVER LOST MY MUCUS PLUG SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THATS SOPPOSED TO COME OUT. GOOD LUCK, AND CONGRATS ON YOUR PREGNANCY.  

MommyOnLI
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

loosing your mucas plug does NOT mean you are going into labor...

and my friend was high risk and the dr said her baby was 12lbs at her 38 week appt, and when her baby was born he was 7lbs 12oz.

and a truely HIGH RISK HIGH RISK patient (i am not saying you arent) but most will see their dr at least once a week

milmiracle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM

zory u giving all these staff members too much credit, if u ask me. 

Dconnorsmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM

i do see my dr once a week, i don't remember saying that i didn't. i did said i have ultrasounds every 4 weeks

Quoting MommyOnLI:

loosing your mucas plug does NOT mean you are going into labor...

and my friend was high risk and the dr said her baby was 12lbs at her 38 week appt, and when her baby was born he was 7lbs 12oz.

and a truely HIGH RISK HIGH RISK patient (i am not saying you arent) but most will see their dr at least once a week

Dconnorsmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM

what? i don't understand

Quoting milmiracle:

zory u giving all these staff members too much credit, if u ask me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)