Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is wrong with people!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

i dont get it i really dont. how can some one do this....AHHHHH!!

Newborn Found Abandoned Near U.S. 23

Tuesday,  June 9, 2009 1:56 PM

Updated: Tuesday,  June 9, 2009 5:46 PM

Slideshow

LEWIS CENTER, Ohio - Paramedics believe a newborn boy who was found abandoned in a grassy area near a supermarket on Tuesday was discovered not long after his birth.

A woman was passing a Meijer store, located along U.S. Route 23, at about 1:30 p.m. and saw the naked boy lying in grass about six feet from the road, 10TV's Maureen Kocot reported.

The driver called 911 and firefighters from Orange Township responded.

SLIDESHOW:  Images From Scene

Paramedics told 10TV News that the boy's umbilical cord was still attached. They also speculated that the infant may not have survived lying there for another hour, Kocot reported.

The child was transported to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus.

Authorities said the boy was expected to make a full recovery, Kocot reported.

Investigators said they were checking nearby businesses to see if surveillance video could lead to whoever abandoned the child.

They also said they were searching for a white car that was apparently seen in the area. No make or model was available.

"Right now it's too early to jump ahead of ourselves," said Delaware County Sheriff Walter Davis III . "We need to find out who the parents are (and) how the baby got out here."

Mommy To Ashton 12/5/2008

Girlfriend to Zach 2/9/2008

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz_erica03
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

OMG! Thank GOD he's alive!

praying

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Wow. At least the baby was still alive! Thank God for that. How can someone do that?? If you really want to abandon your baby, you can take it to the police station or fire station or a hospital with no questions asked!

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

momoftwo0720
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Wow that is so sad. Why have a baby just to dump it on the side of the road. Why not give it up to someone who will love it.

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM
Quoting mz_erica03:

OMG! Thank GOD he's alive!

praying

CafeMom Tickers

kittymeri
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

yet another reason i hate being in ohio. we have newborn save haven laws. take baby to any firestation, policestation, or hospital and leave them with staff no questions asked, no charges pressed the end.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM
What a sick &%#$@! Thank God someone found the little dude okay.

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

BabyAsMom88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

yah i kno the things that happen here. make me sick!! they really do

Quoting kittymeri:

yet another reason i hate being in ohio. we have newborn save haven laws. take baby to any firestation, policestation, or hospital and leave them with staff no questions asked, no charges pressed the end.

Mommy To Ashton 12/5/2008

Girlfriend to Zach 2/9/2008

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

People are a$$holes!!! There is no way that someone has been living under a rock all this time, and doesn't know about the safe haven law, or whatever it is called. They will catch this person, and they should put the mother out there, naked, and leave her there, too.

MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:44 PM
That is awful. I saw a show about stuff like that, people throwing their babies in trash cans and stuff because they "freaked out." HELLO! Go to a hospital and if you absolutely do not want the baby, put it up for adoption! There are plenty of people who would kill for a healthy baby of their own!
Daisypath Wedding Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
wilesmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I hope the mother hemorrhages!!!

Thank God someone found that poor little baby! I hope he is ok!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)