Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unsure of medical oppinion...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week.  I will be able to control it with diet and excersize.  Before this diagnosis, my OBGYN told me that in the event I made it to my due date they would schedule a c-section, just because my last delivery was a c-siction.  I was hoping to do a VBAC, and based on family history and previous pregnancy I am fairly sure that I will go over due.

Now with the GD diagnosis, I am fairly certain he will push for a pre due date C-secion.  Does anybody know any information on this subject, and how important it may or may not be to deliver pre due date on # 2?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nessy1980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Well id find another doctor that co insides with a hospital that will let you do a Vbac. and I would find one fast. its your choice if you do a C section or not. I would go this http://www.cafemom.com/group/6440  group and they are very helpful on C sections I had one with my last child but that was because he had his hand on his head. my first 2 were vaginal deliveries.

fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM

It is completely up to you if you want to try a VBAC.  gestational diabetes can cause a baby to be larger than most, but as long as you keep it under control the baby should be a normal weight.  I would ask the doc if its possible to be induced a week or 2 early and give a try and VBAC before moving to a C section.  Just let him know that you really would like to try. 

ShadowRaven
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Google "vbac with gestational diabetes". I just did that and got a ton of sites. It seems that it is very possible, under the right conditions, but you have to have a doctor that's willing to go along with your wishes (unless there's an emergency, of course).

Good luck!

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)