Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a history of early (pre-term) labor with first child?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone!!  I am just looking for some general information.  I gave birth to my first child at 35 1/2 weeks with no pre-term labor symptoms.  I was at the doctor the day prior and they said everything looks fine (even checked my cervix) - see you two weeks.  The next day i had some minor contractions (which I thought were just gas pains) and ended up giving birth 2 1/2 hours later (almost in a public bathroom) in the ER.  My son was born 6 pounds 10 ounces with no problems.

Now, I'm pregnant with my second child and 34 1/2 weeks.  I don't see the doctor for another week and half.  I have been put on notice that I will probably go early again so I am not to go too far from home (hospital is 15 minutes away).

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this early labor and then had a second child.  If so, what was the labor with the second child - early or on-time?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
survivedalot
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I went into pre mature labor at 6 months with the first ,but the other s I went into labor around 36 weeks and up.

jujubead
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM

i have 4 boys and i had the first 3 at 34 weeks the 4th one i had at 38 weeks.

tashamyork
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

My best friend had her first daughter at 26 weeks exactly, her second at 35 weeks and her third at 34 weeks. They are all very healthy and adorable! They all were in NICU for different amounts of time but everything went really well for them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)