Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant again after Miscarriage

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

I had a miscarriage and D&C on February 2nd.  I am now almost  6 weeks pregnant again.  I went to the doctor for my first ultrasound today.  I was so nervous, that I was shaking.  All those bad feelings came flooding back.  Anyway, the doc said that everything looks good except it is too early to see a heartbeat.  I was relieved in one way but scared in another.  He told me congratulations and we'll see you back in two weeks to repeat the ultrasound.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Do you think it will be OK?  I really want another baby and I hope everything turns out okay in 2 weeks.  BTW my D & C was on Feb. 2nd and I'm due on Feb. 2nd. 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I've had 2 miscarriages both at 13 weeks along, before this, my 3rd pregnancy. I didn't feel completely okay and able to breathe a sigh of relief until I was about 28 weeks. Stay positive!!!

starrynight819
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM

first off congratulations mama.

second, this is my second pregnancy, my first ended in a miscarriage about 10 weeks in.

the baby has been fine and many women carry to term and have a healthy baby after a miscarriage, but i know how you feel. 

i am scared every day of losing my baby, and so i know the nervousness and worry you feel. its normal and to be expected. just tell your doctors about your fears and i'm sure they'll know how to put your mind at ease.

pregnancy

mandylou292
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Quoting starrynight819:

first off congratulations mama.

second, this is my second pregnancy, my first ended in a miscarriage about 10 weeks in.

the baby has been fine and many women carry to term and have a healthy baby after a miscarriage, but i know how you feel. 

i am scared every day of losing my baby, and so i know the nervousness and worry you feel. its normal and to be expected. just tell your doctors about your fears and i'm sure they'll know how to put your mind at ease.

Thank you so much for the encouragement.  It's just so hard having a miscarriage and then fearing the worst when you're pregnant again!  Congrats on your bundle of joy too!

kelpresmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I have been pregnant a total of 4 times

I have two healthy children my DD is 5 and my DS is 3

my third prgnancy ended on Dec 16th 2008 i was hocked horrified to get prego again even though this pregnancy was a be surprise....i lost this one at 6 wks along.

Well i found out i was prego again in Mar 2009 and I can say i am 14 wks and 2 day now.....i was scared shitless especially whn the dad walked out due to m being prego again and he felt he couldnt deal with anothr loss if I lost this baby.....well everything is good and thriving heart beat is excellent and I go back in July for my 4 month OB

So just think positive and keep calm things will work out. It will be ok i the end and you will have a baby to show for it in the end.

If you wanna chat i am here good luck and always make sure you let your OB doc know your fears and concerns ok.

Congrats momma

come check out my groups:

IOWA mommys -2007kiss
January 2004 Babies and 2004 babiesblowing bubbles
Parents with out Partnersgiving mom gift

mandylou292
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Thanks so much!  I feel more pregnant this time than last time, so hopefully everything will be fine.  I'm so sorry about your baby's father leaving.  Good luck!

Quoting kelpresmommy:

I have been pregnant a total of 4 times

I have two healthy children my DD is 5 and my DS is 3

my third prgnancy ended on Dec 16th 2008 i was hocked horrified to get prego again even though this pregnancy was a be surprise....i lost this one at 6 wks along.

Well i found out i was prego again in Mar 2009 and I can say i am 14 wks and 2 day now.....i was scared shitless especially whn the dad walked out due to m being prego again and he felt he couldnt deal with anothr loss if I lost this baby.....well everything is good and thriving heart beat is excellent and I go back in July for my 4 month OB

So just think positive and keep calm things will work out. It will be ok i the end and you will have a baby to show for it in the end.

If you wanna chat i am here good luck and always make sure you let your OB doc know your fears and concerns ok.

Congrats momma

ruby70
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Congrats to you..........  enjoy your pregnancy

mandylou292
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM

bump

HelloKittyCrazy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

First of all....

I had 5 miscarriages before getting pregnant with my now 14mth old son. I know first hand how scared you are. And everyone can tell you not to worry so much, but you will any way. So I'm just gonna say, use relaxation techniques. I'm quite sure everything will turn out fine. Just make sure you follow your drs orders. Wishing you all the best! Love and hugs*~

Ps: If you want to chit chat or need someone to vent to. Please feel free to pm me and or friend invite me

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy.  I have been in your shoes and it is normal to be nervous about the pregnancy.  I had a 3 year old and decided to have a 2nd child.  I got pregnant in the summer of 07 and found out I lost the baby in Sept of 07.  I was 10.5 weeks and went in for my check up.  She could not hear a heartbeat so I went and had an ultrasound and there was no hearbeat.  The baby had died at 5.9 weeks.  I then had a D and C because I did not want to wait for it to pass.  I could not have taken that emotionally.  I waited a cycle and got pregnant the next month and had a beautiful baby girl who is now almost a year old.  I was pretty much nervous the whole time, but everytime I passed a milestone it got easier.  The first time I heard the heart beat.  The first time I saw the heartbeat.  The first time that I felt her kick.  By the end it had gotten much easier.    The funny thing is that I ended up with GD and I an ultrasound a week from 32 weeks on.  Just take it a week at a time.  You will make it.  If you ever need a shoulder to lean on feel free to PM me.

Todaisies
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I have had 2 miscarriages, a son born at 20 weeks and my daughter was born at 25 weeks.  My daughter is my only survivor.  I think a Mom with no miscarriage background always worries, and then a Mom with a complicated back ground worries 1000 times more! We always have the fear. With my daughter, the first time I got an ultrasound the Doctors confirmed I was pregnant but according to my menstral cycle calculations the fetus was under developed.  I had to return two weeks later and then again.  Finally, everything looked great!  Everyones calculations were wrong.  I must have sensed I was preganant instantly or something. LOL!  There was nothing to cause alarm.  She was premature due to an infection and not the same reasons as the others. Of course!  What luck! I did start yoga and relaxation methods once I found out I was pregnant. I figured it couldn't hurt.  My son and daughters due dates were the same date just 8 years apart.  I thought it was a sign that everything was going to be fine.  For some reason it felt comforting.  She is now 20 months and teaches me a lesson on life everyday. Relax and enjoy being pregnant! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)