Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sun Burn?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
My DD has a sunburn. We were at the pool today and evidentally her sunscreen is not as waterproof as it says it is. We were out there for about two hours and now she has a burn, nothing serious, no blistering, but I know it has to hurt. Does anyone know anything I can do for her besides aloe vera and a cold bath?
Daisypath Wedding Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

white vinegar helps sooth and heal the burn... smells awful, but it helps alot.

if there is a breeze outside, take her out there in her diaper, that helps the sooth the rash as well. 

KGeist86
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

What suncreen do you use?

dosthepost
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:59 PM

You're supposed to apply sunscreen every hour if you're in the water. It says right on the bottle.

Hoping for BLUE

MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Thank You and I use Banana Boat sunscreen.
Daisypath Wedding Ticker
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:02 PM

BURN-JEL it is awesome!  After 2 applications it will take out the heat and get rid of the redness!  I love it, I am currently using it for a really bad burn on myself.  I talking I have blisters.  I have put two applications on and already the blisters are going away and it's starting to fade.  It also prevents peeling.  You can get it at Wal-greens, Wal-Mart, or CVS and you can order it online.  The company Water-Jel makes it.  I will never use anything else.

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

fcangel9

The best stuff i have ever used was made by huggies.  I got it at walmart, it smells awesome and works realllly well in the water.  We spent every weekend in the water and my son never had a burn and he smelled like berries. 

NattysMommy

DD and I got sunberned at the pool today too...she doesn't seem to care at all and it isn't bothering me too bad either. I just put lotion on it and the after-sun stuff they sell...it is a green gel...and I keep it in the fridge. 

momoftwo0720

i have the spray on and i don't think it works very well. I won't buy it again. Aloe vera get or lotion always worked well for my kids.

MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Berries is nice and I like Huggies. I will check both of them out because we will be in the water a lot this summer!
Daisypath Wedding Ticker
tanya_marieh
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

soak a wash cloth in white vinegar and place it on the burn.  It should remove most of the pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)