Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do cabbage leaves really work?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

When you get engorged after you have your baby, do they really work?   Even the nurse at the hospital told me to try them.  Right now, I'm using ice packs and an ace bandage.  I can't breastfeed so NO HEAT!  But do the cabbage leaves really work and if so how do they work?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM

honestly I used them with my 3rd and I do think they helped. It's helpful to know that if you DO use them, separate the leaves first and freeze them. they last longer.

AngelikDarling
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM

When I had my daughter, the nurse told me this..i thought she was crazy..

I tried it, and wow it did work! but what i was told to do is take a knife and cut into the stem a few times.

You feel really weird doing it, but it did work for me. not 100% better, but it did help a lot

I'm a Conservative Christian, NON-Vaxing, homeschooling, pro-life Mom of 2 wonderful children!!

millerfam0128
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

YES

I am a no drugs birthing, breast and formula feeding, cio, pampers diapering, time out sending, also bribing, tv watching, dog loving, baking something, pro-choice, democrat, reality tv obsessed, husband loving, animal rights believing, stay at home mother of a son and daughter.

boy n girl 

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

My OB told me about using cabbage leaves.  Yes it works and it feels great! 

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

nessy1980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I was actually told this at the hospital I delivered at that it does work. I didnt try it because I am breast feeding. 

AllforColin
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM

They worked great for me!

KGeist86
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Yes, but keep many frozen, because they thaw really fast, and literally start to cook on you, and it can smell pretty nasty!!

Hartbrayka
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM

I think it's the shape and the light weight of the leaves that make it feel good.  It does thaw fast, so keep a whole head in the freezer, lol

Hey moms! Are you sick of cooking the same things over and over and need some variety? Or do you have any interesting recipes to share with us? If so, then join our group MEAL IDEAS and get cooking!!!baking  Meal Ideas

Abuela09
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM

yes they do...the magic of mother nature. LOL

mommysbows
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Oh yes its wierd but they really do work, I agree keep them cold cause it takes them no time to thaw out and start to stick to your body! I dont know what it is about them but something works! Good Luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)