Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long was your recovery after c-section?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just had my second baby on June 4th via c-section.  The pain seriously doesn't feel like it has gotten any better.  I'm constantly taking some kind of pain meds every 5 hrs and if I don't keep up on them, it's really hard to get the pain under control.  Basically of couse my incision hurts but my back is killing me, the spots on each hip where they gave me shots of Benedryl make my whole hips hurt and on one of the sides where they gave me the shot, they must have hit a nerve cause about half way down my theigh, I have a spot that is about the size of a half of a dvd case (sorry only thing I can think of for size) is completely numb!  This is my second c-section and I dont remember it being this bad or taking this long to start to feel better!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silver_04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

After having a C-section it took me a week to recover the only time I felt pain was when I had to get up once I was up it didn't hurt that much.

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

It took me about 5 weeks to recover, mine wasn't that bad.

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

Whitney2207
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

about 3 days after I got out of the hospital I didn't have much pain at all in my incision but walking around made my back hurt worst then when I was 9 months pregnant. I think I was completely recovered no pain at all was about 4 weeks.

MILF062207
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:24 AM

bump...

ILoveMy2Boys619
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM

It took me about 5 days. I had no choice with my last one. My baby was in the NICU so I had to suck it up in order to be there for my Jakie.

****Praying and hoping for a healthy full term pregnancy, healthy baby girl and a healthy mommy****

baseballMy Frankie     toddler boyMy Jacob

expecting girlits a girlMy Emily

kalio
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:38 AM

After my second I didn't need ANY pain med once I got home. It hasn't been that long. I would give it another week or two. You just had MAJOR surgery,remember that. 

alyssasmom11007
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:42 AM

I think it took around 2-3 weeks, but they had to make a bigger incision in my abdomen cuz they had to make a vertical incision into my uterus, and then she was stuck.  I was okay as long as I didn't move around too much. 

1mom08
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM
It took me a week to recover from having my c-section. If you have a mark that big from a shot it could be an elergic reaction, I would probley call my doctor.

Photobucket

ryansmommy1128
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:50 AM

i was feeling better within a few days w. no complications .. everyone heals different tho ! -maybe just call the doc and let them know about all the pain; good luck tho, and congrats!! 

milmiracle
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM

i have to praise god for my 1st husband, i don't think I would have ever recovered had it not been for him.  yea my mom tried but she could only do so much that worked. it took about 4 years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)