Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pre eclampsia...?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone ever have this...?

What were your symptoms...?

My dr said to contact him right away if I was having issues w/ headaches. I thought it was pretty common to have issues w/ headaches while preggars.

Well I have had a tension headache for about a week now and have been extra nauseas (I have been nauseas threw this whole pregnancy and threw my last but it has been non-stop for a week). I have also been super freeking pissey. Like I seriously feel like i am going to snap any moment (I wont its just how I feel).

I dont know if my hormones are just really high right now or if I should be concerned and contact my dr. I dont know I guess I just feel stoopid calling him for a 'headache', a 'pissey attitude' and a 'tummy ache'.

Ugh I am really miserable though. Its been non-stop for 6 days.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM
I believe that it is headache, swelling, high blood pressure, sudden FAST weight gain. Changing vision is ne. They thought I had it toward the end of my pregnancy, but then they said Toxemia. I think they are oretty close to the same. GOod Luck to you. I am sorry. =(
Daisypath Wedding Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
dreamerinluv
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Has he told you if you have high blood pressure?? The head-aches associated with pre-eclampsia come from increased blood press.  if left undetected could cause pre-mature labor....

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

nessy1980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

when I was pregnant with my oldest I had pre eclampsia. My blood pressure was like 200/100 it was crazy high. if you have pre eclampsia the way to get rid of it is delivery. Headaches, swollen legs are associated with it. What my best advice is lay on your left side and drink at least a gallon of water a day. 

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I also had pre-eclampsia.. It was miserable.. I had high blood pressure, protein in my urine, BAD BAD swelling, head-aches, etc...  It was really bad for me... Bed rest until I couldn't rest anymore..

Smiley001
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I had it with my daughter. My dr. told me if I have a headache that i can't handle becuase it hurts to bad theni  needed to go to the ER asap

High blood pressure is also a big thing. When your at the store you should check it to make sure it's not crazy high

I was told to lay on my left side and only get up to get food or go to the bathroom. It was a very strict bedrest.

It also gave me really bad heartburn but that comes with being pregnant too. still it would keep me up at night and make me sick. I was miserable.

Take it easy

How  far along are u

inwonderland888
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I am 21 weeks.

I checked my blood pressure and its normal!

Thanks ladys.

If I am still feeling just as bad in the next day or two I'll definatly call my dr. Otherwise I have an appointment in 2 weeks.

Xaviersmom21
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:44 AM

i had pre eclampsia- i had head aches, and i gained lots of weight [11 lbs one week & 7 lbs the next week]. then my hands, feet & face were swelling. i think that's the main symptom- if you start to swell up. good luck!

Xaviersmom21
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:49 AM

that's generally true, but not for everyone. i [as usual...] was one of the weird cases where my blood pressure remained high after i delivered. i was in the hospital for 12 days after i had my son, and i was discharged only after i threatened to leave the hospital on my own. i was kept in a room all by myself and i wasn't allowed to have visitors or watch tv or do anything besides lay there and be helpless. that's why i said i was leaving. i thought being in such a hostile situation was keeping my blood pressure high. at my 6 week check-up, my blood pressure was fine.

Quoting nessy1980:

when I was pregnant with my oldest I had pre eclampsia. My blood pressure was like 200/100 it was crazy high. if you have pre eclampsia the way to get rid of it is delivery. Headaches, swollen legs are associated with it. What my best advice is lay on your left side and drink at least a gallon of water a day. 

Seven07
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM

When you go to the doc and you pee, they test it for protein in your urine and that indicates pre-eclampsia..   the rest of the symptoms are usually a result of having pre-eclampsia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)