Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I keep my little guy still while I am trying to change his diaper?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to keep my soon-to-be one year old occupied while I change his diaper? It it like wrestling with an alligator to change this wiggle, squimly little guy. I have tried stickers and having him hold various items which all end up on the floor before I am finished changing him.  Any and all suggesions welcome.

Thanks,

Noahsmommy0618

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM

How old is he? Maybe try giving him a toy to distract him... keep one only for diaper changes so he doesn't get sick or used to the toy. Once they get toa certain age tho, you just have to pin them down LOL

HuskerAmber
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM

My changing table is right by my DD's window and she loved to look out as I changed her.

VerucaSallt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I got a cheap little sparkly mobile from the science store I hung from above the changing table.  I just give that a few spins and it worked for my boys.

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM

It will only get worse. LOL I try and have tried everything! The remote, powder bottle, wipes box, toys, hair brush...... Some I will blow bubbles on her belly or thighs...... You learn to become VERY quick!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

sijmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Like the prior posts.   I have two suggestions.

1. Keep exploring until you find the toy/activity/item that hypnotizes him,  you could try a mirror, music, or something that he has to use his mind and concentrate on.
  2. Work hard at becoming the fastest diaper changer in the west (east, north, or south).   LOL

nerdy

daniellemann
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:47 PM

My sonjust started that also and he will be one in July. I give him a crinkly toy and that seems to work. I have also used a diaper to occupy him. Good luck.

kylesmommy2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:50 PM

LOL sound like me over here, my LO is almost a year old as of June 26th and he is a lil heeven!!! lol frusterating isnt it!!! I do change super fast!!! He always has his hands where im trying to do everything though....UGH!!

nomadkensmom
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I have a VERY active son who hates to pause for a diaper change. What we've found to work is to give him a book to look at. I give him one that I know basically what's on the page (i.e. shapes, colors, etc.) and then I ask him questions about the page and that works long enough for me to get his diaper changed. Good Luck!

blowing bubbles Sometimes you just gotta stop & blow the bubbles!

Whitney2207
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:37 AM

My son is almost 7 months and its next to impossible to change him unless I give him paper lol he loves crinkling it up the only problem is getting it away from him afterwards

teammom23
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Pin him down with one hand and learn to change the diaper with the other hand. I had to with my daughter PIA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)