Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for moms who are anti-vaccinating....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been doing research and I read that 7 vaccinations are legally required for school. So, my question is, if you don't vaccinate your children but they ARE CURRENTLY in school, how? How do you get the schools to allow them in school?

I have not decided wether I'm going to vaccinate this baby or any after this one. Hence all the research I'm doing. So, I'm just wondering if there are any moms whose kids are not vaccinated and are in school and how you got the schools to let them in.

I don't want this to turn into a drama post so, if you are not a mom that I'm referring to or know one personally, please keep moving. I'm only interested in information.

Also, if this does turn into a drama post, because I can see it happening already, the moms that I'm directing my question to, feel free to message me because I will delete this post if it turns into drama.

Thanks.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sexeegyrl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM

You can get an exemption from the state/county

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

hipmama185
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Every state has waivers, they are medical, religious and personal. Not every state has all three so you would need to research which ones are in your state.

cmb121906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Quoting hipmama185:

Every state has waivers, they are medical, religious and personal. Not every state has all three so you would need to research which ones are in your state.

Ditto. My two un-vax kids are not in school yet.

bren_darlene
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM

We home educate , that is just one of the great benefits.  :)

MarineWife1108
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Quoting bren_darlene:

We home educate , that is just one of the great benefits.  :)

Don't you have to go to college or something like that to homeschool? Or do you hire a teacher? I've never known how that worked. It does sound like something I may be interested in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)