Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 week old, temperature is 99.1 do i worry yet

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

my daughter is 7 weeks old and has been fussy all day.  she has also only been eating 3-4oz, when she usually takes 5.   i took her temp rectally and it was 99.1   i am a new mom.....when do i call the doctor, and when should i worry? i am already worried only cuz i feel so bad for her and she doesnt seem happy and i dont know what to do for her.  also, she will fall asleep in our arms but when we put her down she wakes up again and starts to cry, help!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I wouldn't call until 102 but do what you feel comfortable with.

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

eSnA2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM

ID SAY CALL HER DOCTOR AND KEEP AN EYE ON HER. HOPE UR BABY FEELS BETTTER..

pregnancy week by week

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
swizzlefiz
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Okay, I looked it up, on kidshealth.org it says if the rectal fever is over 100.4 for an infant under 3 months you call the dr or go to the ER right away.

alliesmom5
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Rectal tempature is ALWAYS  one degree higher...so her temperature is normal!

alt075
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM

For a 7 week old baby you should call if temp reaches 100.4 degrees fereinheight. They will want you to bring the baby in right away. If she has been fussy all day and doesn't want put down I would call you pedi now and run it by them. Do not let a baby this young temp get up to 102 before calling. That's to high for a baby so young.

My daugter had a 100. 8 temp around six weeks and she had to go to the emergency room. My pediatrician sent me straight there. She was hospitalized. She had a uti.

ryansmommy1128
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM

i would def call the pedi right away,  they'll be able to tell you if you should wait it out or head to the ER. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)