• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does my son do this?!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

For the past few weeks my 8 month old son has been throwing fits for what seems to be nothing. He screams at the top of his lungs but doesnt shed 1 tear. I recently started working 8 hours a week and he is always home with daddy when i work so i dont see why he would so this to either of us. And if hes in pain from his teeth coming in why doent he cry? He screams like hes calling us to come get him...is he spoiled? Has anyone else been through this?

*Amanda*

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Loved4Sure
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I don't think he is spoiled, maybe he is just confused.

I would keep an eye on him and notify the pediatrician to be safe. He may just be trying to express himself the only way he can.

amcrosby
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I hope its not a medical issue ill call and ask the nurse in the morning. He does it when hes in his car seat and stroller for more then 1/2 hour also when im not right next to him. I just dont understand the part where he scream cries and there are no tears.

Quoting Loved4Sure:

I don't think he is spoiled, maybe he is just confused.

I would keep an eye on him and notify the pediatrician to be safe. He may just be trying to express himself the only way he can.

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Sounds like a spoiled kiddo to me, my dd did this for awhile and if she was fine I ignored her until she would calm down.

McKenzie, mommy to Bella 10/5/07

moms rockgirl giving flowercoffee

ShadowRaven
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM

My son did that at around the same time. He was testing both us and his "newly found" vocal cords lol. He stopped after a few days, when he realized that mommy wasn't going to rush over to him every 5 seconds.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

sijmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I agree with shadowraven.   Sounds like he is testing you and the new found vocal skills.   As long as no evident cause for pain, ignore.

amcrosby
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM

well ill try to ignore him if he isnt in pain and ill tell my hubby to do the same well see how it works. Thanks ladies for your thoughts and advice.

moonstarmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I think his just wanting more attention. Thats what my 2 1/2 yr old does, and i just ignore him until he stops, my 9month old also does it, there just testing to see if they scream so much that you will go to them right away. I suggest you ignore them but at the same time keep an eye on them to see that they dont hurt themself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)