Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Birth Control Pills?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

So ive never taken birth control pills before I had kids, but when I found out that the mirena that i had put in moved, my doctor said that i had to take them for safety. Anyways ive been using the pills for 3 months now and there are times that I forget about taking them. Well not complete forget to take them, I ussually remember it like 2 or 3 hours after, and then I take the pills right away.In a month i probably miss 5 doses by this much time.So last month on mothers day I had some bleeding, i think it might me my period, it lasted about a week, and then a few days later I had bleeding again but only lasted a day.

My question is could you get pregnant if you miss doses by a few hours from when your suppose to take them?

And if your taking the pills does your period come regularly?

Please help I really need to know if missing those doses give me more chance of getting pregnant, because I dont want to have kids anymore.

confused

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
moonstarmom
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:48 AM

frustrated

Someone please help me in this situation...

AdensMommy2807
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I have heard that if you dont take the pill on time every day that it doesnt work right, But I have only ever been on the pill as a teen and well i didnt even know you had to take it at the same time everyday no one ever told me this I would ask your doctor they would be able to tell you the correct answer. GL

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM

You are supposed to take it at the same time everyday to keep the hormones level, but if you forget one here and there and make sure you did take it with in a few hours it shouldn't matter all that much. I was on the pill for a couple of years and I was horrible about taking it at the same time and I never got pregnant.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

SouthALMommy
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:16 AM

If you were completely missing a dose then I would say it was completely possible. There are some people that get pregnant while on the pill because the dosage isn't as strong as what it needs to be to prevent it or it was there week to be off them for their period, whatever the situation it's not completely impossible. However the morning after pill is just a birth control pill so as long as you're taking the pills your chances are really decreased. You should be okay taking them a hour or two after you missed (it's not really missing). I took them for 10 years before becoming pregnant (got off them to TTC) and I wasn't miss good twoshoes if you know what I mean and missed a few dosses but never got pregnant.

I am a stay at home, breast feeding, kisses and hugs giving, chubby baby loving, happily married, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, anti-CIO, vaxing, disposable diaper using, PCOS having, baby wearing, sale item buying, in college mommy who believes in and trusts THE TRINITY (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)