Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY SON NEEDS HELP!!!!! ASAP!!!!! piog ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

HI MY SON IS 2 WILL BE 3 IN SEPTEMBER WELL HES NOT POOPED IN A FEW DAYS AND TODAY HES BEEN WALKING FUNNY SO I ASKED HIM IF HIS BOOTY WAS HURTING AND MADE HIM SHOW ME WHERE WHICH HE DID AND I KNOW THAT HES CONSTIPATED CUS THE LAST TIME HE TRYED TO POOP IT GOT STUCK AND I HAD TO HELP HIM BY PRACTICALLY DIGGING IT OUT OF THERE FOR HIM, HES IN SO MUCH PAIN AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO... I GAVE HIM ONE OF THE BABY LAX SUPPOSITORY THINGS WHICH DIDNT SEEM TO HELP AT ALL JUST CAUSE MORE PAIN FOR HIM, AFTER I PUT THE STUFF UP THERE I WAITED TILL HE SAID HE HAD TO GO THEN PUT HIM ON THE POTTY THINKING IT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR HIM AND HE WAS GAME FOR THAT... BUT HE SAT THERE FOR AN HOUR AND NOTHING... NOW HES TIRED CRANKY IN PAIN AND SQUATTING IN A CORNER CRYING WITH MY MOM BEING HIS POO POO CHEER LEADER, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HIM I FEEL SO BAD IM CRYING JUST CUS I KNOW HES IN PAIN AND ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS POOP AND GO TO SLEEP... DO ANY OF YOU LADIES KNOW OF A QUICK FIX WAY TO HELP HIM POOP JUST TILL I CAN GET TO THE DRUG STORE TOMORROW TO GET HIM SOME MIRILAX OR SOMETHING?

UPDATE~~

well he still hasnt pooped he finally just crashed out last night, but still no poop and ive tryed everything you guys suggested except the prune juice and prunes since they make him throw up uncontrollably for days (didnt want to add insult to injury lol) so i called his dr this morning and she told me to get him some babylax stool softener by fleet and give it to him and if he hasnt pooped by tonight to take him to the ER and they will help him, so thats the plan as of now, im loading him up on white grape juice and pear juice, the only thing is he wont take the stool softener he doesnt like it, i tryed giving it to him out of a med cup nope just shooting it down his throat with a surenge(sp) nope i mixed it in his juice NOPE idk how to get him to drink the meds but im trying thank you all for your help and if you have any more suggestions plz tell me im willing to try anything thanks again :)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhpudgey3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

the same thing happens to my 2 yr old when he drinks to much milk. Instead of the laxatives try giving him apple juice undiluted, it works for my son. and I have been exactly where you are.  apple juice works! I hope he feels better soon

mama2my3boys00

my sons pedi said a warm bath up to his chest could help..Just dont leave his side for a second.  Also warm apple juice worked for my son.

kristinaleann

im sorry but i dont know.. what about prune juice? if he is in the much pain why not go tonight to get that stuff for him?

Mami9207
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Miralax works wonders! My niece has a constipation problem, and Miralax solves it. And the Dr. Recommended it to my sis.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Well, the stuff that is hard and trying to come out isn't going to get softened by what he eats.  Changing his diet will only stop it from continuing.  I would just keep using Babylax or Baby Fleets until he works it out.  Work on diet changes to keep things softened up for him.  If it continues to be a problem, your doc may tell you to put him on something like Miralax.

yayay15
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

This happened with my son when I started potty training...suppositories are not good for them so do not give him another, at least for a few days or more....but I get Miralax..it's over the counter, the doctor told me to get this....I put a cap full in 8 ounces of liquid (it can be anything, but I put in Juice b/c my son drinks it better) and give him 2 ounces every four hours...he should poop after two or three drinks....but it wont be tonight.  It will get everything out.  Or call a nurseline and see if they have any other options.

I have had to do this with my son twice...I still give him miralax every once in a while when he gets constipated...

Also, when my son gets constipated, I give him lots of fruit...mainly blueberries with yogurt..frozen or fresh...he poops almost instantly.

AzaleaCheerMom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I'm not kidding but I would do sort of like a soap suds enema. It's basically just a tube that is inserted in the rectum a lil and the other end is connected to a bag or something that holds warm water and soap. I have seen these in the store before.

I used to work in a  nursing home and I have witnessed many times where the nurses would just take some shampoo in their hands and with their fingers (gloves on of course) would try to push some of the shampoo up in the patient's rectum kind of like "lubricating the poo" to make it easier to come out. It is safe just be careful.

As always, it's just best to give the doc a call.

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon.

kaidansmylife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I WOULD GO GET IT TONIGHT EXCEPT I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN AND EVERYTHING CLOSES AT 10 AND ITS ALREADY PAST THAT :(

Quoting kristinaleann:

im sorry but i dont know.. what about prune juice? if he is in the much pain why not go tonight to get that stuff for him?

nessy1980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I would give him a sopository or if you dont have one just spread his butt cheeks apart and that might help him go. I do it for myself and my kids.

kaidansmylife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

HES BEEN DRINKING APPLE JUICE ALL DAY... I CUT HIM OFF OF MILK YESTERDAY THINKING THAT MIGHT HELP HIM GO BUT NOPE... HES HAD NOTHING BUT WATER AND APPLE JUICE ALL DAY POOR GUY I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM

Quoting rhpudgey3:

the same thing happens to my 2 yr old when he drinks to much milk. Instead of the laxatives try giving him apple juice undiluted, it works for my son. and I have been exactly where you are.  apple juice works! I hope he feels better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)