Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GROUP B?? DO I FREAK?? ANYONE KNOW MORE....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

As if my day cant get worse!! Long story... But i also found out I tested positve for Group b. I never had it before in my last two pregnancies and now this one I do.. I feel disgusting!! So I googled it and it said that babies can die from it and its sounds really serious and scary!! So NOW IM FREAKING OUT!! What is it?? Has anyone had it? What happens? Im REALLY NERVOUS WILL EVERYTHING BE OK if there treating me with antibotics during delivery??

ANYONE PLZ...

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dkdnorth
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I did too, it is not something you catch, it is just that your body is producing more strep.  They will give you antibiotics when you are in labor and things will be fine.  I had it with my first DD.  Everything was fine.  They gave me the meds through the iv they already had in so it was not big Deal.

KGeist86
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I think you need to ask your doctor thesequestions

BUT, aslong as they give you the antibiodics whilein labor you and baby will be fine!!

hipmama185
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I don't know what that is, but I do know that Google is not a doctor. I took my dd into the doc today and he told me to stay away from the Internet since most of the descriptions are in the extremes. If I were you I would call my doc in the morning and ask what is going on with you specifically.

ganfield_c
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:29 PM

i had it with my last two, dont feel discusting its not like a std or anything, you will just get antibiotics in ur iv and the baby will be fine 

ApawlakUSA
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Thanks... I For advice!! I was going to ask my doc today when she told me, but she just rushed me through today and it was a really crappy appt!! So thats y I just googled it to see more about it!! I felt all nasty and dirty!! LOL and then the internet makes it like every baby gets super sick!! UGHH.... I just cant take much more lately!! Thank you all though!!

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
noahscott
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:39 PM

My sister had it and my niece ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks when she was about 3 months old because of it.. she almost died. All i can say is after you have your baby watch he/she closely for signs of ANY illness.. and get them to the doctor AS SOON AS their temp. starts going up.. my sister did. she took my niece to the ER just to make sure.. because of the Group B and she still almost died from it. All i can say is when your baby is born.. watch them carefully! and take them to the doctor if ANYTHING doesn't seem right. DON'T WAIT!

mandamitch
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I had it and my son is fine.  They will put you on antibiotics and then do some tests on the baby to make sure it doesn't get the infection.  Since you will be getting antibiotics during labor, you will have to be on an IV.

Bos_Boo
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I had it with both of my pregnancies and they were perfectly healthy. It's really not that big of a deal, they just give you antibiotics in your iv while you're in labor. Most of the women I know had strep b and none of them had any problems either. You'll be fine!

Smiley001
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I was actually wondering if I had this today...Anyway I had it with my first pregnancy and everythiing turned out fine. They gave me iv's and that was it. 

My question about this is...how long do you have to have antibiotics?? I read 4 hours. I looked it up cuz i had it with my daughter and i was worried i might have it again and im afraid if i go in labor by myself i won't have time for antibiotics cuz my daughter came that fast once the dr broke my water. 

calliesmommie
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 1:03 AM

I had it too and felt the same way you do....How can I get it?? anyway, it's very common actually and they treat it with antibiotics once you get to the hospital...the doc should have explained it all...anyway, just make sure that you tell them when you get there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)