Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Signs of labor?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

Did any of you experience sweating and hot flashes before labor started? I dont have any other symptoms but am 37 weeks and 3 days along, and have been extremly seaty today though no one around me was hot. I even had the air conditioner on full blast and was still sweating......

by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyof2grls06
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I didn't have anything like that. Well, that I can remember.

marywilliams
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I was hot and sweaty the whole time I was pregnant.  I didn't really have any clue I was in labor until I started having contractions.  About 4 hours later, I had a baby!

Sorry I'm not much help!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

tashamyork
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I had flashes every three mintues (along with braxton hicks contractions) and I would get as red as a lobster, not even kiddin, a few hours later the braxton hicks started hurting and were 2 min apart! I was in labor :)

ashmarie08
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM

found this reply on yahoo answers.

What you are experiencing is relatively normal, I think. I experienced this to a degree during my pregnancy. I'd feel extremely hot and then get lightheaded....and instant sweat. After I gave birth, it changed to having the 'shakes.' I'd be so cold, my entire body would tremble uncontrollably. They piled a bunch of blankets on me, and I'd still be cold.

Your body's thermostat is going to be off b/c of your impending birth. If you start feeling dizzy or lightheaded, you should go ahead and consult with your doctor. As long as it's just sweat, then it's normal. 

mommy_jen
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 2:06 AM

i remember being extremely hot all the time during the last few weeks of pregnancy. the sure sign for me was cramps that felt like menstrual cramps.

Pipersmom2006
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I sweated like pig w/ BOTH of my preg...my husband likes the cold & actually COMPLAINED I had it TOO COLD in the house! I caused the air conditioner to freeze up 2x @ hm, & in the hospital put my rm therm to 55*; as low as it'd go! I STILL sweated, & visitors would wear sweaters when they came 2 visit! They DID discover I was pre-ecclamptic w/ Arwen, & diabetic w/ Piper so get that checked out; excessive sweating/ swelling, dizziness, seeing spots this late COULD b a sign of pre-ecclampsia, & diabetes can cause sweating/ dizziness, nausea whenever it strikes; 4 me it was @ 4-5m 4 the diabetes, & 5m or so 4 the pre-ecclampsia.

Pi's Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)