Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding question (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

My 2nd daughter is now 3 weeks old...she was actually born 4 weeks early. I was not what I would call successful in breastfeeding my 1st (now 2 y/o)...it completely drains the life out of me...it takes ALL of my energy to the point that I sometimes doze off while I'm nursing...And now the Dr. says i need to BF more frequently because of jaundice that hasn't gone away....does anyone know what I can do to get/keep some energy? More calories? More vitamins? (I'm still taking my prenatals) Or is this just normal? Thanks!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:11 AM

you need to up your calorie intake by like 300 a day, then drink extra fluids that should help. if you are concerned still talk to a lactation consultant thru Le Leche League or something and they should be able to help you more, good luck!

LilmomaShan
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM

BF naturally realeases something in ur brain that relaxes you and makes you sleepy. Cant remember what its called but its natural and normal. For the first few months of me BF i thought i would crash out everytime. Now my son is 7 months old and while it does relax me i dont just wanna totally crash anymore. I say just lay down on the couch and try and enjoy nursing and some time for u and the baby. I dont know if there is anything u can do to correct it cause i know whatever ur brain naturally releases to relax u while BF is strong.....i remember how exhausted id get. The break time will probably benefit u anyways with just having a baby so take the time for u a time out. Good Luck

nessy1980
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:25 AM

It does the same thing to me too and my son is 10 weeks old. This sounds odd but what I did last night because I was tired of no energy I listened to music that motivates me and it gave me energy. I was listening to Jordan Sparks No air. I am the point where I dread eating too because that makes me tired too and lazy. I mean I do eat though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)