Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5.5 month old hates to sleep....HELP!!!! PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

what do you do when your baby hates to sleep?? she barely sleeps at all during the day, unless im holding her. once i put her down she wakes right up and wont fall back to sleep. same goes at nite....i just dont know how to get her to sleep good...HELP!!

**ive been trying to get her into a good routin, nurse, spoon feed some cereal, bath w/bedtime wash, then bed time lotion....still nothing is working!!!!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steph2884
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM

I went through the same thing with my son for 6 months. I tried EVERYTHING! He would stay awake until 3am... then he would sleep until 10am. He wouldn't nap either. I talked to my doctor about it and she said some babies just don't sleep much. Not much comfort to a woman who's a walking zombie... just stick through it. Eventually, they will get the hint. My son started going to sleep earlier and earlier on his own. He is now 22 months old and sleeps for about 10 hours a night, and 1 to 2 hours during the day.

skinnymegan
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I wrote an article on what helped me:

How to get your infant to sleep through the night

Hope it helps and good luck!

nessy1980
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

My baby does that too and hes turned me into a night owl which is not cool. My baby has decided that 3 am is the time to hang out. I am just going with it since hes my last child. What you can try swaddling her, putting her in a moby. Maybe co sleeping on the couch and I put my arm around him I wont co sleep in the bed because I am paranoid.

lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM

just keep with your routine, it may take a bit but eventually theyll get used to it. Plus it could be teething and such keeping your lil one up. My son is 7 months and right now teething keeps him awake. But also they are more curious than ever at that age and want to see whats going on and dont want to miss out on things. I would stop holding your lil one while she falls asleep but lay her down still awake but sleepy and that will help her learn to soothe herself to sleep. good luck momma!

kameronsmommy08
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:25 AM

We must have the same baby! Here is a bump 

saylorsmomma
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM
My DD was, and still is that way. Some LO's just do not need as much sleep, I like to think of it as she does not want to miss a single minute of life. It gets easier. My DD eventually started sleeping through the night after the first year. She fights naps like you would not believe, but she does sleep at night 9 hours straight. Do not worry about it too much, you will survive, take care!!!

Jessy613
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM

My son was the same way. He never slept much. He was colic though- He screamed all the time and would never sleep. He would cry about 11-12 hours a day, everyday. I tried everything, and in the beginning, I fed him rice cereal in his bottle and he slept for 8 hours.But, after that, he still continued to stay awake all day long,seriously NO naps, he would scream and scream when i'd try to put him down, and then he would sleep 4-5 hours at night and the rest of the time he'd be awake screaming. All I can tell you is that it DOES  get better eventually. My son is ,now 14 months old and he sleeps 12 hours at night, but takes NO naps during the day, but hey, better to have them asleep at night then awake all night and asleep all day during the day!hugs

Jessy613
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM

try putting rice cereal in his bottle. it made my son sleep better because he was more full and had a fully belly.

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM

My son has been like that for 17 months, sorry I am no help, just sleep deprived :(

jenny53669
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM

thanks mommas :) its crazy to me....she wakes like every 1.5-2 hrs in the middle of the nite...im just exhausted!!!! like tonight layed her down and within 2 hrs she was up screamin 3 times!!!!! its gotta get better.....lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)