Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know its really early to think about but...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: which should i get?

Options:

double

travel system

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I have a 2 yr old DD and we just found out that we're expecting #2 and I'm not sure which I should get. Should I get a double stroller or a travel system? Would a double be a waste of money or would it be a good investment. My DD will be 3 when the baby gets here.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMom304
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I would go with the travel system. 

s.t.e.p.h
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM

IMO, I think you should get a travel system, because at 3, your daughter will almost be too big to ride in a stroller. I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a 15 month old and when my 15 month old was born, my middle child already wanted nothing to do with a stroller and he had just turned 2 before she was born.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

MackiesMom07
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Thats what I thought. I thought about the sit and stand too it looked pretty cool. Thanks ladies!!!

lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM

i have 2 1/2 yr olds twins and a 7 month old... my girls still have a long time before they are too big for their stroller. its a combi twinsport 2 and each seat hold up to 50lbs. They arent even 30lbs yet. And my kids still love to run off and no way would sit or stand on the sit-n-stand stroller so for me id choose the double.

mamaof32007
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

My son will be three on the 29th and he does not use a stroller only when we go to six flags or something, the twins are 21 months and will stay in there stroller until they learn to walk without us and not running off, we are hoping in 6 months.  I would go with the sit and stand honestly, that would be nice.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I voted DOUBLE and I STRONGLY recommend the Chariot Cougar 2. It's very practical for 2 kids for the long term...and it's very functional. It hold up to 100 pounds, fits in the back of my Land Rover Freelander (think size of Ford Escape) pretty easily. It has a built in sun shield, bug net, and weather guard. It can be a jogger, stroller, bike trailer, skate-skier, and hiking trailer. There is an infant sling attachment or the baby bivvy until the new baby can hold their head up. It is not too wide to get through doors or grovery aisles... and has good storange... Because of all it does and its high weight limits it just practical.

We also have an Evenflo double tandem. The problem with it is that the infant carrier goes in the bigger seat, leaving the small front seat for the older child for awhile... and my tiny 18 months old could barely fit in it... and when he hit 20 months, the shade would not even go over his head... it was a total waste of money.

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

mybabygirl32406
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:59 AM

i say waste of money, my daughter is 3 and she would never sit in stroller now. she loves to walk and hold hand or ride in store buggy. by age 3 they are very independent. maybe I'm wrong but my daughter listens very well now. at 2 and half she was all over place and never could trust her to hold hand but wow she sure changed fast in 6 months..lol.  

thatsme24
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I agree the double stroller would be a waste. My DS couldn't stand being in a stroller.

I'm a 24 y/o hard working, needs to drink water, finally going back to school NYC mom. I love my finally potty trained, mr. know-it-all, picky eater, energetic, late sleeping son Jaiden . I never leave home without my ipod or phone. My favorite thing is {Sasha} my car. I have a supportive SO who occasionally gets on my nerves but I love him..

stormielei
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

i have 2 1/2 yr olds twins and a 7 month old... my girls still have a long time before they are too big for their stroller. its a combi twinsport 2 and each seat hold up to 50lbs. They arent even 30lbs yet. And my kids still love to run off and no way would sit or stand on the sit-n-stand stroller so for me id choose the double.

they actually have sit and stand strollers that have two seats and you can take the back one out when they are ready to be able to sit or stand..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)