Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all the single mothers who have no help from dad...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies
Happy Fathers Day!!!! I think that since we try our hardest to do the work of two parents, we should celebrate Fathers Day for ourselves!!! lol. Lets go buy ourselves some power tools!
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMom333
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I'm not a single mom but I say HAPPY FATHERS DAY! to those who are. Taking care of a child when you have help is hard enough, but doing it alone takes some extra gumption. And I would skip the power tools and go get some new shoes   ;)

MachIII
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Thank you!  About the power tools, my ex-SO (not the father of my kids) had to borrow a nailgun and a drill from me over the weekend... :) 

DS 8/11/2003

DD 1/12/2006

DS 10/30/2008

I'm a semi-cosleeping, feeding on demand, give it to her so she'll quit screaming, time-out then I'm going to spank you, anti-CIO, shopaholic, tattoo addicted, driving way too fast and racking up speeding tickets, obsessed with my SO, hooked on Grey's Anatomy, Britney Spears loving, bedtime story reading, hugs and kisses everyday, MOM.  XOXO

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Thank You!!!!

Every year my kids say "Happy Father's Day" to me,lol.

thatsme24
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I call myself truly lucky to have my SO(not my sons father) helping me.

I'm a 24 y/o hard working, needs to drink water, finally going back to school NYC mom. I love my finally potty trained, mr. know-it-all, picky eater, energetic, late sleeping son Jaiden . I never leave home without my ipod or phone. My favorite thing is {Sasha} my car. I have a supportive SO who occasionally gets on my nerves but I love him..

drinkme8184
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Quoting TuMaiidiiTa.:

Thank You!!!!

Every year my kids say "Happy Father's Day" to me,lol.

lol thats awesome.

elynne75
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
I've sent a Father's day card to my mother for years now. A huge kudos to all of you that do it all the time by yourselves. It's not easy. Heck it's hard to do with two of us.
no-drama-momma
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM

LOL!  I made the same post!  They deserve it though!!!

drinkme8184
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Quoting no-drama-momma:

LOL!  I made the same post!  They deserve it though!!!

lol Oh really?  Im sorry, I didnt see it! 

If today is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square mils of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two square miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add twenty-seven hundred tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000.

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Power tools for our feminine Dadless mom hands with flowers, patterns, and bows decorating them. WE can call them our battery powered Dad tools, for Moms.

I suggest this motto "doing what Dad never did even when he was here"

Happy Fathers DAy everyone.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM

so true!  I didn't get my SO anything because he wouldn't even help me convince my son to put on underwear in a color that are just like his dad's!  And I thought to myself I should have had them say Father's day to me!  I do everything for my kids while he'd rather not help so why should I spend my money.  Think I'll make an appt. to get a pedicure with the money I could have spent on him.

Quoting Ms.Upinyourface:

I suggest this motto "doing what Dad never did even when he was here"

Happy Fathers DAy everyone.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)