Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did your child eat at 10 months old, and how much of it? PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello, my daughter is almost 10 months old and she will eat about six jars, sometimes 7 jars of baby food (stage 2) a day, plus 3 6-8 oz. bottles a day.  She will also snack on finger foods (saltine crackers, wagon wheels, cheerios, and pieces of whatever I'm eating). 

I was wondering if I should begin directing her more towards solid foods as opposed to the baby foods.  How did you go about this, when did you do it, and why did you decide that it was "time."  Thanks in advance for your advice!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM
When my son was 10 months old he was eating level 3 foods and we were moving onto regular foods. We started with foods like grilled cheese and easy foods like that. Good luck!
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Molly just turned 1 year but her eating hasn't changed much since 10 months. A typical day for her is/was...

Breakfast: 4-6oz yogurt or applesauce with rice cerealand butter

Snack: handful of cherrios or a mashed banana with cream

Lunch: 1 jar Stage 3 baby food OR a mashed avocado

Snack: 4oz applesauce or a handful of grated cheese

Dinner: 1 jar Stage 3 baby food or a small bowl of table foods (like spaghetti with sauce, pasta with butter, sheperds pie, chicken and veggies, and so on)

Drinks: 4 6oz bottles of milk, 4oz juice/4oz water

Plus 1 ML of Poly-Vi-Sol liquid vitamins

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM

My son ate whatever we ate at 10 months.   Usually some toast in the morning (I think I started eggs at about 11 months)... probably some fruit or crackers and hummus during the day and then whatever we were having for dinner. This, in addition to nursing 10 or 12 times a day.  He also always had a sippy of water available if he wanted it... he didn't figure them out until about 10 months, though.

He started on table food when he started solids... so I knew he was "ready" when he could pick the food up and feed himself.  Which he did between 7 and 8 months.

by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I would say do what you feel is best. All kids are different.  My boyfriends family gave my son soft foods when he was seven months and he loved it and wanted it all the time.  At ten months I was giving him all type of soft foods (pasta, mashed potatoes, most fruit and veggies, things like that). Like your DD my son ate a lot. Just make sure you don't give her more then one new food a day in case there's an allergy. Try giving her real food and see how she likes it.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Awesome advice ladies!  Thank you so much.  I'm going to be working on implementing much of it now.

by Amber on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I never did give this kid jarred foods. When she was teeny I would make her food, for months now she has eaten what we do. (she'n now 11mo)

She eats like this:

6-7a: cheerios, banana, and maybe a cup of milk. (this is the SAME EVERY SINGLE DAY, makes breakfast eay on everybody)

9a: morning snack of yogurt or cottage cheese, maybe some juice diluted with water

noon: lunch of grilled cheese, or leftovers. steamed carrot sticks

4p: afternoon snack of either fruit or crackers and cheese, and maybe water to drink

6:30p: dinner of whatever we're having, maybe some milk

She nurses here and there between those, and we just started with the milk, so it's not that often...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)