Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry if this is a drama starter.

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 75 Replies

Ok, in advance, I am truly sorry if this is a drama starter. I've been thinking about this for like two weeks and I have come up with no answer and would love it if someone could shed some light (possibly political light) on my thought.

I was watching the television the other night and there was a woman who got murdered and she was pregnant, therefore they were calling it a double homicide. I also saw in the past that if someone attacks a pregnant woman and it causes her to loose her child (though she still lives) it is still considered homicide. Then it got me thinking about abortion (sorry, this is where the drama might start) and the mom goes and pretty much kills the baby but in that case it's considered abortion and nothing is wrong with it.... So... if the mom wants the baby but it's killed (and sometimes its a more humane way then what a baby goes through when is aborted) then it's homicide and a person would serve jail time, but if the mom doesn't want the baby and it's killed by appointment in a clinic then it's abortion? I guess I just don't see the difference. Either way a baby is getting killed and a human life is being taken away. I mean, is there a political line or something that defines when it is right or wrong because in the end the result is the same... it just seems a little messed up to me. It makes you think.

Now, I'm not saying that every women who has ever had an abortion should go to prison and I do understand why some women do. Not saying I am for abortion but I can see why some women do it. I may not agree with them but I'm not going to like, condemn you because you got an abortion or something. I would treat a person the same either way. It just got me thinking when I saw this on tv and I just don't really get it, it seems completely messed up.

"If i had a single flower for everytime i thought about you,i could walk forever in my garden"

Proud mommy to a angel baby and a beautiful 2 year old girl.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Replies (1-10):
mamaof32007
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I guess it would be because the mother who is "forced" to lose her baby is exactly that forced, whereas it is the mothers choice to walk in the clinic.  When the woman is forced she is not making the decision herself someone is taking away that right. 

girlygirl320

popcornjust gonna sit back and watch this one take off lol!!    you do have a good point though,

HopeHelvete

Abortion is killing a baby and those women are baby killers. It's a disgusting double standard.

Proud and Passionate Work at Home Mom~ Visit my Profile to Learn More About Me, My Family, and My Business!

gabbysmom2007
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I get what you are saying. I have a hard time looking at it any other way too. I mean yeah there are certain cases where I can understand an abortion but it's still murder to me. BUMP!

Tiger420
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM
The law where I live says that after like 3 or 4 months it's illegal to have an abortion because that's when the state starts considering the fetus as living. I personally think that's crap. I can also see why some people would have an abortion and I am not going to condem them either. I personally could never do it.
NoGirlsAllowed
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Quoting HopeHelvete:

Abortion is killing a baby and those women are baby killers. It's a disgusting double standard.

I'm Ashley, a 27 year old, stay at home mommy of a private schooled 1st grader, non spanked 3 year old, extended rear facing 15 month old, and married to a softball playing husband. They are all boys and they are the loves of my life.  I love to clean, cook, shop and get pedicures. I am *the* princess in my house :)   Why do I rear face my toddler? Because autopsy reports have shown that children under 2 years old are at 4 times the risk of Internal Decapitation when forward facing.

travswifey
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I really don't want to comment, but here goes. lol 

"I" personally do not believe in abortion. I had a child from rape. I believe in abortion IF it is rape or life or death. I believe those who open their legs time after time and have an abortion time after time because they chose to open their legs without protection, should not get the choice of abortion. It disgusts me!

IF you can lay in the bed, you can deal with the consequences!!

bellswifey
iluvmylil1
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM

3 or 4 months thats awful! I feel the fetus is living as soon as you find out your preg so at 8 weeks where there is a heartbeat its not alive?Thats bs

Quoting Tiger420:

The law where I live says that after like 3 or 4 months it's illegal to have an abortion because that's when the state starts considering the fetus as living. I personally think that's crap. I can also see why some people would have an abortion and I am not going to condem them either. I personally could never do it.

"If i had a single flower for everytime i thought about you,i could walk forever in my garden"

Proud mommy to a angel baby and a beautiful 2 year old girl.

jennamil47
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Quoting HopeHelvete:

I completely agree with you!

preview image

proud working mom

Double.L
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I wrote a similar post about this, most people pro choice and life alike agreed it was a double standard. 

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)