Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needs Help & Opinions Please. . .

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

I need help. My oldest daughter happens to be my SD. Ever since she was born, she has had a condition with her head. Her soft spot closed too soon and her brain had no room to grow so it caused her skull to become deformed. She has had three major open skull surgeries and is facing another. She also has a seizure disorder that we control with medication twice a day. Here is our problem. We have primary physical placement of our SD and BM get's her every other weekend and some holidays. We have been in court several times over the past 7 years and her BM is very aware of her medical needs. We have a letter from her nerosurgen from way back in 2004 and it says that she isn't allowed to be on trampolins, rollercoasters, or anything that will make sudden movements or jerking of the head. It was mailed to BM in 2004. We sill have the letter and have used it in court. The last time we were there, which was the end of last year, the judge told BM that she has to follow what the letter says to a "T" and no exceptions. Well yesterday, I found some pictures on the internet of my SD jumping on a trampoline! It was taken last weekend while SD was at BM's house. We have told my SD that she can't go on it because the doctor said so, but she is only 8. I confronted my SD about it and I never told her I saw pictures, but I asked her if she went on it and she said yes. And to top it all off she said that her BM told her she could do it!! I was furious, not at my SD, but at my SD's BM. Also we found out the my SD got her seizure medication only twice the whole weekend. My DH and I are at a point where we don't know what to do. If we go to the police, they will say it is a civil matter and they can't do anything for us. Which I understand because they have a lot on their plates as it is. We are thinking about taking it to Social Services and letting them handle it. I have pictures to prove it, court papers that say the judge warned her about it, and the letter from her doctor. Do you think she could get into serious trouble for this? If so, what would she be charged with?

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lfmk
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Child Endangerment!!!!

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM

THIS.. take BM to court.. if she is endagering her child like this she will probably only get supervised visitations..

Quoting Lfmk:

Child Endangerment!!!!

mybabyboy6
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM

BM???? I am sorry but that is not your daughter.  All you are is her fathers bed warmer!  Learn you place.  You have not been to court her father has!  There is no we in this because you ARE NOT the mother.  Good lord get over yourself

Amybelle
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Quoting mybabyboy6:

BM???? I am sorry but that is not your daughter.  All you are is her fathers bed warmer!  Learn you place.  You have not been to court her father has!  There is no we in this because you ARE NOT the mother.  Good lord get over yourself

you're an Idiot (& most likely a Troll)

mdwright4
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Holy crap who are you directing this at! I hope not the OP. What is your problem?

Quoting mybabyboy6:

TalaziaMae
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM

damn.. who pissed in your cheerios?

Quoting mybabyboy6:

mdwright4
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

lmao! maybe she is the BM

Quoting mybabyboy6:

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM

WTF is your problem.... This woman sounds like more of a MOTHER than the girls REAL MOM so back the hell off... This little girl is lucky to have someone so caring to be her STEP MOM

Quoting mybabyboy6:

mybabyboy6
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM

That is not her daughter.... Not legally or physically... That is just the way it is.  How would all of you like to be called BM?  I think that would probably really piss you off!  Now that doesn't mean that I agree with what the mother is doing but still it is not the OP daughter plain and simple.  In the eyes of the court she would be an over stepping step and that would look very bad for dad.  so she is an i.e bedwarmer.  DAD needs to go to court and protect HIS daughter.  The over stepping step needs to stay out of it

Amybelle
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Quoting mybabyboy6:

That is not her daughter.... Not legally or physically... That is just the way it is.  How would all of you like to be called BM?  I think that would probably really piss you off!  Now that doesn't mean that I agree with what the mother is doing but still it is not the OP daughter plain and simple.  In the eyes of the court she would be an over stepping step and that would look very bad for dad.  so she is an i.e bedwarmer.  DAD needs to go to court and protect HIS daughter.  The over stepping step needs to stay out of it

If anyone "looks bad" its the BM!!!!!!!!!

(oh and YOU)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)