Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate holidays....

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

So today is fathers day and tomorrow is mine and the hubby's 2 yr anniversary.  I made him a card for fathers day and gave it to him this morning before he went to work.  There were a couple tools he wanted for fathers day so I told him he was going to get his gifts tomorrow and it would be for fathers day and our anniversary... plus he doesn't get home till tomorrow anyways.  I just had a baby 2 weeks ago (c-section) and today is the only day that I was able to get out.  I was able to get my mother in law to come over and watch the boys while I went to get his stuff.   All 3 places I went to didn't have one of the tools and they had the other tool but it was wayyyyyyyyyyy too damn expensive for a tool he was gonna use once or twice. 

Anways, so I guess thats it. I can't buy him anything for these holidays, let alone any other holiday.  This is how it is for EVERY holiday.  I can never suprise him.  There is never anything else he ever wants either so I'm not gonna go buy him something he doesn't want.  I'm just so pissed that it is always like this.  Am I the only one who has a man that they can never buy for?

Sorry...I had to vent!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tiger420
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM
I'm with you there! I end up just giving my man $50 and say go get yourself something.
gavin423
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM
When DH and I are out and about throughout the year, I try to take notice to the things that catch his eye. Just by acknowledging in my mind, 'oh yeah, he likes that' it kind of sticks so when a holiday (birthday, christmas, father's day, anniversary, etc) comes around I can go through the list of the things I noticed him eyeballing.
Rachie7987
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Yeah, my husband has expensive tastes and it's not happening.

I wish I could go out and buy an X-box or Playstation 3, but we can't afford it. We just bought a house and we are fixing it up, we would rather spend it on important things.

My husband doesn't really have any hobbies. So today, while my husband was at work, my Son (16 months) worked on a Father's day card. Later tonight we are going out for ice cream.

Nothing expensive but something special.

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I'm with you there on the sticker shock on tools. My DH has to have his own tools for work and so replaces them as needed when they break. He was telling me about the one he just ordered (Didn't carry it in the store) to replace the one that broke. OMG! over $300! If he didn't need it for work I would tell him to forget it. Stinkin safety wire pliers are expensive. Yeah its a pair of them in a set but jeepers......

chefmartha2004
Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Wow!! I am so with you on Holiday's my dd just asked me whydaddy never seems happy with anything we give him and why he doesn't smile he said when I told him that we are asking him for too much WTH!! anyways what he wants is a motorcycle and we can't afford that so he gets the usual hat & t shirt with motordycle stuff on it LOL!! It's almost like why bother with him maybe I could just save for a motorcycle for like the rest of our lives hmmmm..

darbie2008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

im to the point that for ever holiday i get hubby the same thing a book to draw in and i cant ever seem to spice it up ...

Smiley001
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I didn't do anything for fathers day because my husband didn't even give me a card but he did get his mom one. lol

However last week he got a new surround system for the tv so i told him that counted for fathers day.ย 

It amazes me that he remembers everyday he should get a gift but he doesn't for me. idk o well. it's better to give anywayย 

karischub
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM

My dh is hard to buy for as well. We just had to replace my laptop and I took his hand-me-down. So that was what I was going to get him for Father's Day. I asked if there was anything else he would like, and hesaid he'd like a hitch for his truck. His birthday is in August so we'll probably combine things...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)