Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

graco nautilus VS the True Fit (PIOG) updated in pink

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: which would be better?

Options:

nautilus (please tell me why YOU like it better)

true fit (please tell me why YOU like it better)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

i posted this in a carseat forum, but id like some advice pretty quick, and right now there is no one browsing that forum...so here goes:

i know at walmart, i can get the nautilus for about 20-30 cheaper than its advertised elsewhere

so other than price, is there any huge difference between these 2? im looking for my 27 month old, i dont remember her stats(height and weight) but i had posted a month or so ago about which carseats were better

i have narrowed it down to these 2, i actually was going to get the true fit....until i saw that the nautilus was a bit cheaper

the vanity in me, wants a 'pretty' carseat(which i can get with the true fit) but the realistic part of me doesnt care if its pretty....so again, other than price...which is better? or are they same?

THANK YOU

Thank you to everyone who voted and gave their input, it helped out ENORMOUSLY!

i decided to go with the true fit for the 2 reasons 1)it will fit kids to a larger height than the nautilus(and after taking my DDs height, i realized she will most likely outgrow her current, and the nautilus in height before she comes close to the weight limit) and 2)the crotch strap is adjustable(ive already had to adjust DDs current seat to the furthest slot due to pinching)

again thanks a million!

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmagpie83
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Because of your daughter's age, I would say go for the nautilus, it will last longer.  However, if your dd is still rear-facing and you want to keep her rear-facing for as long as possible, I'd go with the true fit.  Target does have a pink nautilus and I believe they're doing a thing now where they will match competitors pricing.  You would have to look into the details on that though.  Between the two, I would vote nautilus over the true fit, because of it's convertiblity.  However, do take into account that both these seats are fairly new to the market, so there may still be kinks that haven't been worked out.  Good luck, hth :)

I'm a vaccinating, pro-breastfeeding, pro-life, co-sleeping, pro-circumcising, baby wearing, Christian, full time student, part time employee, married to my love, cake decorating, scrapbooking, Mama to a SIDS Angel and one baby on earth.  I don't care what you think of my choices because they're mine and I <3 love <3 my child enough to make the best decisions for us!

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM

thank you, it does help. my DD is forward facing, and as much as id like to FF her...it wont happen(she was miserable RF, and now she knows about FF...i doubt shed go back!)

my 9 month old, i plan to ERF, so im passing down the AOE we have until she outgrows it RF

Quoting msmagpie83:

Because of your daughter's age, I would say go for the nautilus, it will last longer.  However, if your dd is still rear-facing and you want to keep her rear-facing for as long as possible, I'd go with the true fit.  Target does have a pink nautilus and I believe they're doing a thing now where they will match competitors pricing.  You would have to look into the details on that though.  Between the two, I would vote nautilus over the true fit, because of it's convertiblity.  However, do take into account that both these seats are fairly new to the market, so there may still be kinks that haven't been worked out.  Good luck, hth :)

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

My son is 3 and I am looking at the Graco- It actually on sale at our Target for 149.00 and it was 170 at walmart. Anyway I'm not sure of the differences but I do like the Graco a lot.

Good Luck

Erica

preview imagepreview image

kandibaby1030
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I just recently bought the Nautilus for my 19 month old daughter, and I don't have a complaint at all!  I absolutely love it!  It is sturdy and roomy, and I love the buckles on it!  I know that sounds weird but my last car seat was a pain in the butt to try to get the harness open!  It drove me crazy.  The Nautilus is so easy!LOL  And it gets awesome reviews, which is why I went with it.  Anyway I love mine, good luck choosing, I know it's a hard decision!

lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM

i like the true fit better. you can rear face from 5 to 35lbs and forward face from 23 to 65lbs. It has a tall deep shell which is great for kids of all sizes, even tall ones. It has a 7 yr expiration date, not 6 like most others. Seat belt lock offs, no rethread harness, easy on and off padding, it just snaps into place. Easy to install. My favorite seat by far!

The graco nautilis is forward facing only from 22 to 65lbs harnessing and then will booster as high back or no back booster until 100lbs. Basically the last seat youll need, but the crotch strap doesnt have different positions and can smoosh lil ones.

I prefer to ERF and EH and the true fit is best for that. The GN is best for EH only. You take your pic but IMO the true fit is the way to go.

*also, my 29 month old daughter is still rear facing in the true fit and has TONS of room to go in it*

MamaToHaileyBug
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM

This is the nautilus that we have been looking at for DD. It's very girly :) It's online at walmart for $159 and you can do site to store for free.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Proud Mom Of 1 Blinkie
I Married My College Sweetheart Blinkie
I Love my Baby Girl Blinkie
June Babe Blinkie
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:45 AM

thanks...i swung by target after you mentioned this...we must not be having the same sale :( lol

thank you though

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

My son is 3 and I am looking at the Graco- It actually on sale at our Target for 149.00 and it was 170 at walmart. Anyway I'm not sure of the differences but I do like the Graco a lot.

Good Luck

Erica

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM

bump

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I am sorry, I hope it wasn't too much out of the way!! The grey one had a sale sign but they had a pink that didn't.

Sorry again:-)

Quoting comptonkids:

thanks...i swung by target after you mentioned this...we must not be having the same sale :( lol

thank you though

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Good Luck

Erica

preview imagepreview image

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM

no its not out of the way at all, its literally across the street from my house! lol i could walk there

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I am sorry, I hope it wasn't too much out of the way!! The grey one had a sale sign but they had a pink that didn't.

Sorry again:-)

Quoting comptonkids:

thank you though

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Good Luck

Erica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)