Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Did You Name Your Baby?????

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 106 Replies

How did you name your baby... I am due in december, and i have no clue on a name, i dont know if its a boy or a girl, but regardless... I have to say that so far this is the hardest part, i mean, that child is going to have that name all their life... how do you just choose and settle on a name for a baby... then on top of that you have to worrie about unwanted nicknames/teasing. HELP!!

what inspired you to name your kid what you named them, and what is your kids name?

banging head into wallshrugging

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM

DS was named after DH

DD will be named after my mother who died 8/15/93

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM

My sons name is Brett and I let my fiance name him. I thought it would let him bond with him in a way special only to him. My fiance is athletic and follows the career of the quarterback brett Favre.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

My sons name is Evan Jarrett and my daughters name is Kiara Alexis...I named my son because I loved the name evan and i hadnt heard it but a few times (now its like so popular though) and my daughters daddy named her...I hate her middle name though but both of them fit their names...Youll think of one and itll be perfect!!! And i agree that its one of the hardest things to do!!! You have to be careful with initials and stuff like that...My daughters half sisters initials are TP and i can only imagine wat kids will say when she goes to youll figure it out...

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM

My DD's name is Eleanor Elizabeth "Ella" for short. She was named after my grandma who raised me and I gave her my moms middle name. I like names that have a special meaning. Both my sisters were named after someone but I wasn't and I kinda wished I was. If and when I have another he/she will be named after someone special to me or SO. I did have 5 names I liked when I went into the hospital and decided after she was born which 2 to use. I also factored in what crazy nicknames kids could come up with.

Mommy to human girl Ella born 10-14-06, my big beautiful brown eyed girl...mommy to 3 doggie furbabies Molly (10), Charley (16) and Cooper (2) and foster mommy to many furbabies. And caretaker, mentor and friend to the wonderful children in my in home daycare!

I  do not have to answer the question 'Why do you  have so many animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get..

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:07 PM

we found out i was pregnate on the aniversry of my grandmothers death so i new it was a sign that if we had a girl then margret would some how be in her name ..also i have a string irish background so i knew i wanted some unique irish names  so for a girl we pick reagen margret ...then we foudn out it was a boy  and  hubby's family always passes the middle name down the line for a boy so we knew it would be foster ...and i also have a feeling i had a fighter in my belly with my redhead irish temper ment and the cherokee in my husband so we settled on Kellian bc itment little kelly and kelly means worrior ...our next child will be name kaden means little battle lol but hubby likes asher alot right now so we will see in what order it will go

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

with my first (Madisyn Leigh) we just picked a name we could both agree on. he didnt like the names i wanted, and i didnt like what he wanted. Madisyn Leigh was the only one we could half way agree on. This time, I'm naming the baby after my step dad. we dont know if its a boy or girl yet. but if its a boy im stuck on Michael Trent (My step dads actual name) or Trenton Michael. for a girl, im not sure yet. But I can 90% quarentee itll be some form of Michael and Trent. I'm not just going to SETTLE on some name like I did with my first. I actually LOVE the thought behind naming my baby after my step dad, hes a wonderful man, my Hero and my best friend.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Well as soon as we found out my son is a boy (he is nearly two now) my man insisted on naming him after himself, and I have never come across any boy names I like that aren't wierd or would be to common, so I live with Sam Jr. and Sam III. Sorry, that really doesn't help out.

But I am pregnant again, due in December, praying for a girl. You might try to look up some names of your great-grandparents or further back, or just get on one of the baby websites and type something in you like and see what comes up. See how it looks written out, say it over and over, that's what I'm doing. I'm really nervous about naming the baby and my man doesn't like anything I've come up with, but I'm naming the second one, damnit! He'll get over it. Wish I could have been more helpful. I like Edie, or Edeline, or Eve, or Evelyn, or May, Ariel, Jacie, Jocelyn, or Kiara, but everyone in my family says I can't name a white baby Kiara :P I am also afraid other kids will make fun of the kids name or they will hate it. Don't know what names I'd like if I have a boy, lol.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

my soon to come DD (due in august) got her first name Kaitlynn from off the top of my head lol. But her full name is Kaitlynn Elizabeth. My DH mother died may 4 2008, by the grace of god i met my DH the day after she we dicided to give his mothers name Elizabeth to our daughter just as a middle name.

good luck sweetie

I have a phobia of being forgotten
I want to be remembered as the girl
Who always smiles when ever her heart was broken
And the one that could always brighten up Ur day
Even when she couldn’t brighten her own.

I named my DD Berkley.  I saw her name in a baby book and thought it was different.  When we found out we were having a girl, I mentioned it to DH and he liked it but we weren't sure that that was THE name.  Well, I have ultrasound video and we were making a copy for his mom for mothers day and DH asked me what we should title it.  He put Berkley's Ultrasound and then asks me if that's okay.  I said sure.  So that's how DD got her name

Our twin boys names are Bryce and Beckett.  DH liked the name Bryce so he picked that and told me that I got to name his brother.  I kept looking for another B name that I liked.  I had written several names down that I found on the internet and left it on the end table in the living room.  DH saw and commented on the name Beckett.  Since he liked it and I liked it, I decided that would be baby A's name.

My eldest daughter is adopted so no thought there.

My husband named our son by combining three last names in his family together - Alexander Warner

My middle child was named after my great-grandmother and given my middle name - Madison Leigh.

My second youngest was named after a queen from history and my best friend - Morganne Nicole.

And my youngest child was named after my uncle who passed away and my husband's grandfather - Patrick John.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)