Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAR SEAT QUESTION!!! HELP ME!!!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

My husband and I went out and bought 3 eddie bauer carseats for our 9 month old son. It took me over 3 hours to get one installed in his Xterra. I put one in my sentra and it leans up too much even with a towel under the base (as the directions instructed).  Has anyone else ever had this problem???  Thanks!

mommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Destiny1403
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM

BTW. Its a 3 in 1 convertable.

mommy
momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Which seat is it?  Do you have it rear facing or forward facing?

The car seat group may be able to help you better.

Destiny1403
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Quoting momma2-3boys:

Which seat is it?  Do you have it rear facing or forward facing?

The car seat group may be able to help you better.

Right now it is rear facing. (he's only 9 months)

mommy
lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM

what do you mean its leaning too far? like too high up? You can place up to 3 pool noodles under the base at the front instead of the towels that may work better, but also you can have the seat as reclined up to 30 degrees as long as your lil ones head doesnt flop forward. Otherwise go to the car seat safety group. theres tons of tech mommas that can help you further.

Destiny1403
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Yes, his head flops forward. It doesnt recline enough

Quoting lundaylove:

what do you mean its leaning too far? like too high up? You can place up to 3 pool noodles under the base at the front instead of the towels that may work better, but also you can have the seat as reclined up to 30 degrees as long as your lil ones head doesnt flop forward. Otherwise go to the car seat safety group. theres tons of tech mommas that can help you further.

mommy
mommytwoboys
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Do you have an option to return this seat for something better? It is not a recomended seat since it will be outgrown usually before a child can safely use a booster. If not then.

Take the base off the seat. There is a metal bar holding the base on. Just push the bar out. Take 3 tightly rolled and taped towells or pool noodles and make them in a shape of a pyramid. Tape together. Put under the front of the baseless car seat.

How do your seatbelts lock or are you using LATCH? Make sure you are only using one or the other. Read your car manual to see how your belts lock if you are not using LATCH.

Hope this helps.

I have 3 wonderful children. Johnathon is 6, Seth is 2 and our newest addition, River was born May 6. My children are my world and for that reason I choose to keep them as safe as possible. They rear-face to the limits on their car seats, they harness to at least 6 yrs and 40lbs and they booster to 8-12 yrs or until they can properly sit in an adult seatbelt. I don't care what you choose and I won't judge you. Feel free to ask me why I choose what I do!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM

i agree return it for somthing better this seat only harnesses to 40 pounds and eddie bauers suck i had one

Quoting mommytwoboys:

Do you have an option to return this seat for something better? It is not a recomended seat since it will be outgrown usually before a child can safely use a booster. If not then.

Take the base off the seat. There is a metal bar holding the base on. Just push the bar out. Take 3 tightly rolled and taped towells or pool noodles and make them in a shape of a pyramid. Tape together. Put under the front of the baseless car seat.

How do your seatbelts lock or are you using LATCH? Make sure you are only using one or the other. Read your car manual to see how your belts lock if you are not using LATCH.

Hope this helps.

does your kids like pbs kids?? do they love shows like super why and sesame street?? if so come join my group pbs kids! http://www.cafemom.com/group/104806

robinldaniels
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

If it's the three in 1 convertable seat it harnesses to 50lbs just an FYI.  I think you have to take the base off. We have the same seat and have yet to get it installed in my hubby's truck.  I have been meaning to get around to it but it's way too hot here.  I would take it to the Fire Dept. but the idiot that helped my hubby install the other car seat had it leaning to one side and said that it was in right.   

Jackson's Mommybaby boy

lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM

go to this site and look for a tech in your area. they will help you out alot. But i do agree. im not fond of the EBs, for a 9 month old, the true fit is the best seat! I love them (i have 2)

https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap.bin/apps/assess/webmembers/tool?pToolCode=TAB9&pCategory1=TAB9_CERTSEARCH&Webid=safekidscertSQL

mommytwoboys
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Only the newest one goes to 50lbs. The 40lbs ones are still being sold.

Quoting robinldaniels:

If it's the three in 1 convertable seat it harnesses to 50lbs just an FYI.  I think you have to take the base off. We have the same seat and have yet to get it installed in my hubby's truck.  I have been meaning to get around to it but it's way too hot here.  I would take it to the Fire Dept. but the idiot that helped my hubby install the other car seat had it leaning to one side and said that it was in right.   

I have 3 wonderful children. Johnathon is 6, Seth is 2 and our newest addition, River was born May 6. My children are my world and for that reason I choose to keep them as safe as possible. They rear-face to the limits on their car seats, they harness to at least 6 yrs and 40lbs and they booster to 8-12 yrs or until they can properly sit in an adult seatbelt. I don't care what you choose and I won't judge you. Feel free to ask me why I choose what I do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)