Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you get stitches are you still suppose to bleed ?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

I had to take my 6 yr old daughter 2 the er last night because she cut her foot really bad. ( she had a bug jar she made out of a pickle jar and dropped in on the deck). anyways its still bleeding a bit and it worries me. anyone know if it is still suppose to be bleeding.

I am a 25 yr old Mommy to 1 6 yr old girl  , Step mommy 1 9 yr old boy, Happily Married to the love of my life, Roman Catholic, Catholic School sending, Conservative Gymnastics Mommy,  100% Pro-life..Kansas Princess :)

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:35 PM

No, it should be healing.  Call her doctor to confirm.  You might have to go to the ER.

kaidansmylife
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

NO its not supposed to be bleeding thats not good at all the point of stitches is to keep it shut so it will heal together so it shouldnt be bleeding, seeping possibly but bleeding no, are you sure its bleeding or is it just oozeing pinkish clear stuff? sorry i know thats gross but i have to ask lol

fireflyfairy
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I've had many surgeries that involve stiches, and none of them ever bled after getting them.  Call the doctor to have it checked out it doesn't hurt to be careful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)