Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast Infection, BV, or Trichomoniasis?? TMI EDIT 3RD UPDATE FRIDAY

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I have been having a lot of itching, pain during sex, and some foul smelling discharge going on down below. I went to Wal-Mart looking for vagasil and found a kit that tests your PH level for things such as a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, or even trichomoniasis. I don't know if you ladies have used these before but you insert it into the vagina and it gives you a PH reading. 4.5 is normal. 5.0-5.5 can mean a yeast infection and 6.0+ can mean BV or Trich, well my level was 6.0. Wow... So... I obviously need to make an apt. with my OB (I skipped my last pap smear) and find out what is going on. However, I looked up Trich and it said it is an STD. I've been with my DH for 3 year so is it possible I would've had this for three years and not known it??? And what kind've tests will be doc do to find out what it is...will he know the day of my testing? I feel so nervous and grossed out and worried.

By the way... I also have the Mirena IUD and website on BV said women with IUD's have a higher chance of getting it.

UPDATE:

So this morning I have been having really bad pain in my lower abdomen. It won't stop. :( I called my OB and they are going to see me at 930 AM tommorow morning. :(

UPDATE Monday Morning:

Went to OB. He was happy I had came in. He said it was smart to not assume it is a yeast infection and to come in every time something like this happened. He took a swab and a culture and I have to call Friday morning for the test results. I wish I didn't have to wait that long but at least I will know.

Alrighty. Just got off phone with Dr.'s office and they said it does show I have a bacterial infection. She said she would call me in some medicine for it.Glad to know that at least now it will be treated.

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starrynight819
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Bump for someone who may know.

I can totally sympathize with the reoccuring burning itching yucky feeling. I'm pregnant though, so yeast infections are normal to reoccur =/

pregnancy

lovelymoon
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Yes it is possible...I had it for a couple of years and didnt know it until the Dr told me...

You take some pills and you are good...But your DH has to get tested too and take the pills also...

ribblettmommy
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I got bacterial vaginosis when I was pregnant.  I had never heard of it before then but my doctor said its common.  Its just an overgrowth of bacteria and gave me an antibiotic to clear it up.  I would definitely call your doc though.  I felt dirty when I got BV, just really grossed out.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I got the same reading as you but i used monostat and it took care of it  so i am sure that i trust that test a hundred percent.   I also used the vagisil wipes and that helped.  It was by far the worst infection i have ever had, it was painful but it cleared up. I was on the verge of making an appointment but since it improved it did not bother.

Bekah062205
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM

i had BV before. I didnt know what was wrong with me, and i was scared to go to the dr.....but when i finally did, thats what they told me. I took some pills, and gone...never had it again after that. Thank Gosh....

wedding tickers

Hispanic40
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Foul smelling discharge ??? does not sound good!! Call your OB and see if you can be seen as soon as possible, maybe as a walk in.....Why? continue in discomfort ..... . I am sure they will do a culture right away to comfirm the Trichomoniasis , or Yeast Infection.....

Good Luck!!! hope everything works out for you.
Brandy.B
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:48 PM

bump

I am a breastfeeding because it is best co-sleeping when we feel like it vaccinating because I feel it's important disposable diapering because I'm too lazy to do cloth part-time working because I can't stay at home all day long online classes college student working towards a law career wife to one amazing man, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, Madison, and a 7 month old, Isabelle and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, I am anti-death penalty, pro-life and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

mommytoG
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM

it is possible that it is Trich, but its probably more along the line of BV. I got that 3 times when pregnant. I showered everyday and sometimes twice a day, and kept my slef really dry. My Dr said that I have some type of resivor or something inside my V and it hold excess fluid and that where the bacteria grows. But so far with baby I havent had it, knock on wood.

abbeycle22
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I had trich before. I had it when i was with my boyfriend for about a yr and i freaked out. But my dr said that you can have it for a long time before knowing. stupid little critters. but yeah. it's not hard to get rid of. my dr gave me something to drink one time in the office if i remember correctly and that was it. my bf had to take pills for 7 days. and there was no hanky panky till he was done w/the meds. and i tried vagisil and the wipes and they didnt work thats how i knew it was something more.

good luck. and don't worry it happens.

Bekah062205
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM

good luck...i hope you update

wedding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)