Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sitting on dad's lap

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  • 28 Replies

My 10 year old almost 11 year old stepdaughter likes to sit on her dad's lap. I don't know if it's just me but I find that to be inappropriate at that age...? We have a bio daughter together but she is only 3 months right now...I wouldn't want her sitting on her dad's lap at that age. Just curious what other mom's think about this?

Lilypie
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDuff
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I personally don't think its inappropriate. I'm pretty sure I still did at that age, as well as on my grandfathers lap. JMO

Photobucket

kaidansmylife
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I dont see anything wrong with it... at least she has a daddy that she can go to and sit with and feel loved, i actually find myself envying people that had that... no one ever loved me that much, let it be shes still a little girl, now if she was 18 graduating high school climbing in her dads lap or crawling into bed with him that would be a different story

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I'm 27 years old, I still sit on my Dad's lap sometimes. It's not sexual. What's the problem with it?

mamamia819
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM

My daughter is 10, and cuddles with her Dad all the time. I don't think there  is anything inappropriate with it at all. She may be feeling a little insecure about the new baby. Why does this bother you? Please don't take offense, but it sort of seems like you are jealous of her sitting on her Dad's lap.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I'm 24 and I sit on my dad's lap. I also cuddle in the bed with him I'm not feeling well. I don't find it inappropriate at all. My daughter is almost 8 years old and she loves to snuggle with her daddy.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

my2kids0506
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I don't see the big deal in it at all . That is her father. if I had a good dad I am sure I would have sat on his lap. My niece sits on her dads lap and she is almost 12

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

jgirl04
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I used to sit on my Dad's lap all the time, throughout my teens, too.  I miss my father terribly, if he was still around, I'd sit on his lap and give him a huge hug. (I'm 27 now) I wouldn't think twice about it.

CafeMom Tickers
SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM

If it's her bio dad's lap, then I don't see a problem with it. If it was a step-dad, that would be weird. I have an 11 y.o. SD, and SOMETIMES she sits on SO's lap. Not all the time, but every once in a while...

strwberryfields
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. There are tons of pictures of us sitting on my stepdad's lap giving him a hug or just being silly, and we were 10, 15, even 20 years old. What I think is "inappropriate" is that someone would find anything sexual about that. All of these "is this innappropriate for a father/daughter to do" posts make me ill. Who just sits around and thinks of this kind of stuff?

LillysMama0308
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I have a 14 year old and 12 year old Sds that still sit on there dads lap and I see nothing wrong with it at all.. I see it as them being dads little girls and thats it.. My Dh has 3 girls all together and 1 of them we have together.. If they want to sit on their daddys lap then so be it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured