Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone had their tubes tied...

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 27 Replies

right after vaginal birth? How do they do it? will it hurt? How is the recovery? I am pregnant now with my fourth and LAST child, lol, and am having my tube (there's only one- the other was removed due to ectopic pregnancy that burst several years ago) tied. I'm a bit scared, I mean I REALLY want this done (did I say REALLY, cause I mean REALLY!) but I'm also a bit afraid of the pain during the procedure and how it may effect me immediately when coming home with our baby boy-

Everyone I know that had their tubes tied had c-sections so no one knows how it's done with a vaginal birth....

Anyone had it done?

by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MILF062207
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I could have sworn that either way its a sugical procedure...  I know that they can do it with 3 little incisions with the scopes but didn't think they could do it vaginally...maybe i'm wrong.  Either way, my doc wouldn't fix me. He said I was too young (28) and not enough kids (2)... It was BS!

athenax3
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Quoting MILF062207:

I could have sworn that either way its a sugical procedure...  I know that they can do it with 3 little incisions with the scopes but didn't think they could do it vaginally...maybe i'm wrong.  Either way, my doc wouldn't fix me. He said I was too young (28) and not enough kids (2)... It was BS!

I had the same problem, I asked them to do this after our second and they said we were too young and wouldn't do it- unfortunately b/c makes me very ill for some reason (I've tried a milion of them) and so here we are, now FOUR kids, and finally they say "oh you want your tubes tied?" lol. ummm, YEAH!!!!

AmandaBBW
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM

well i won't be much help... i had mine tied but i had a c section so they did it while they were in there.

my dr's nurses gave me such a hard time about having my tubes tied. first it was .. you're not 25, then it was you don't have a son... over and over.  my dr. heard them telling me these things, threw open the door and was kinda mad at them lol. he told me in front of them.. you sign that paper 90 days before you have her, i'll do it . i signed them that day just in case i went into early labor. i was 21 when i had them tied..

i'll ask my sil though, she had hers tied the way you are gonna i believe

athenax3
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Quoting AmandaBBW:

well i won't be much help... i had mine tied but i had a c section so they did it while they were in there.

my dr's nurses gave me such a hard time about having my tubes tied. first it was .. you're not 25, then it was you don't have a son... over and over.  my dr. heard them telling me these things, threw open the door and was kinda mad at them lol. he told me in front of them.. you sign that paper 90 days before you have her, i'll do it . i signed them that day just in case i went into early labor. i was 21 when i had them tied..

i'll ask my sil though, she had hers tied the way you are gonna i believe

hmmm, maybe I just want' persistent enough or forceful enough when I asked them to tie my tubes the first time-

let me know if your sil has any advice or warnings, lol...

3boyz1princess
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I had mine done after a c-section too.  My friend had vaginal birth then the next day they did hers and they do a small incision i her tummy and she said it was not bad at all.  She had hers done after baby #7 was born and still left the hospital in the same amount of time.  It is laproscopic so not much scaring.

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

Swt_Mama
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I had the Essure procedure done about 7 mts after I had my 2nd boy. I was 23 when I got it done, with this procedure I didnt have to get cut they go through you cervix and do your tubes. I was out and about right after the procedure.

athenax3
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Quoting 3boyz1princess:

I had mine done after a c-section too.  My friend had vaginal birth then the next day they did hers and they do a small incision i her tummy and she said it was not bad at all.  She had hers done after baby #7 was born and still left the hospital in the same amount of time.  It is laproscopic so not much scaring.

ahh, I was wondering about that- that alleviates one concern the dreaded scar!! I have a huge one from my tubal that looks like a c-section incision and it's pretty heinous.

athenax3
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Swt_Mama:

I had the Essure procedure done about 7 mts after I had my 2nd boy. I was 23 when I got it done, with this procedure I didnt have to get cut they go through you cervix and do your tubes. I was out and about right after the procedure.

really? wow! no cut would be excellent!

Swt_Mama
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Yes maam. I would have gotten it done earlier but my Dr insisted on me thinking about it and I had to wait to switch my insurances. I end up paying just the copay (30) because its done in the office. I would recommend anyone to get it that way it was so easy!

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting Swt_Mama:

really? wow! no cut would be excellent!

BUBBASMOM606
by on Jul. 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I am getting mine done when I have my c section this time around. But my sil just had hers done a couple months ago. They would not do it until after her 6 week post partum check up.  They do it out patient but she said she was sore. They use a gas and pump up your stomach and then go in 3 small cuts.  However.  You need to ask your dr cause I believe you need to sign a paper 30 days before you get it done.  I did. It may very by state or dr. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)