Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do? Help a child? Or shut up about it? UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

My BIL just went to jail, and that left his child with his girlfriend.He went to jail last night for being in a physical fight with his girlfriend. His girlfriend started the fight, and hit him first. Both adults were very drunk, and drink all the time. Besides all that, my BIL'S child is being left alone with my BIL's girlfriend. And the child's mother has no idea about all this. The child's mother should know about this IMO, but I'm not sure if its my place to tell her? What should I do? The child would be wayyyyyyy better off with his mother. But she doesn't even know about it to come and get him. What should I do?

UPDATE: My BIL is still not out of jail. Here more details on what I got about what happened the night he went to jail..........The couple was drinking, and my BIL shouted something stupid to his girlfriends mom. His girlfriend jumped up in between my BIL and her mother and hit my BIL. My BIL then threw his girlfriend into a bedframe (which the kids witnessed, and told us "the bedframe broke") and it "bloodied" the girlfriend up. The girlfrind then packed all the kids into her car (she was drunk still, but drove anyways:(    ) and she got pulled over. The girlfriend told the police "its no excuse Im driving drunk, but Im getting away from my abusive boyfriend" and the cops made her drive them to my BIL. Some how my BIL's girlfriend talked the cops out of going to jail,and they took my BIL instead. Make NO sense. Just a really bad situation for everyone. The adaults and kids. Still havent heard from my BIL, dont know when he is getting out. But my DH is telling me NOT to tell the child's mother for fear she will take the child away. He says it will cause hardship on my BIL, and tries to say he is a good Dad.

The only way I know how to get ahold of the childs mother is through myspace or facebook. She lives in Florida and has an older daughter! All this crap is happening in Texas.

PSS: My BIL's girlfriend has a child in the same home too, and I do not know how they got away without CPS comming to check on things. I live in a different state than them, could I still get them some help from another state?

iF I get ahold of my nephews mom, Im gonna be in trouble with DH'S family for telling her. Im in a bad position :( They will be mad at me

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willismommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM

call his mama he's pry wondering where daddy is and gf is pry making it worse for him

mamad122
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Why isn't the child with it's mother now? I would tell her if you can find a way to get a hold of her. And then it's her own decision. GL!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

ChrystalGreene
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM

YES!!! Call his mom and let her know.  It might be different if she was his wife (may be not if there both drunks)  but she is just a girl friend and not legally responsible for the baby any way.

CafeMom Tickers
nessy1980
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Quoting krisalynn:

My BIL just went to jail, and that left his child with his girlfriend.He went to jail last night for being in a physical fight with his girlfriend. His girlfriend started the fight, and hit him first. Both adults were very drunk, and drink all the time. Besides all that, my BIL'S child is being left alone with my BIL's girlfriend. And the child's mother has no idea about all this. The child's mother should know about this IMO, but I'm not sure if its my place to tell her? What should I do? The child would be wayyyyyyy better off with his mother. But she doesn't even know about it to come and get him. What should I do?

I totally agree

thomamomma76
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I would call the child's mother. The girlfriend has no right to have that child as she has no ties to him/her, other than the fact that she dates the child's father. The mother needs to know what happened, the entire situation, and she needs to come and get her child.

Cross07
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM

call the mom

pawzz136
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Quoting ChrystalGreene:

YES!!! Call his mom and let her know.  It might be different if she was his wife (may be not if there both drunks)  but she is just a girl friend and not legally responsible for the baby any way.

i agree

CafeMom Tickers

Ashley

CullenLover
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

defintely get a hold of the mom , especially since the GF starting hitting 1st the child doesnt need to be there to see that

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM

If you know the mother, or how to reach her call her.

However, how did CPS miss this?

Call your CPS and the domestic violence family shelter in your area.

Bless your heart for even wanting to be responsive and help a child.

SxyPanamami83
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM

are you kidding me the didnt take the stupid gf to jail instead?? thats bullshit to me, they are sterotyping as usual. she can hit him and not go to jail but he punches her for hitting him and goes to jail. whatt a bunch of BS. she deserved to get her ass kicked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)