Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my husband is cheating or at least thinking about it

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

I found messages on my husbands myspace today where he was telling his ex he thinks she is georgious and wishes he could be with her. He had also told a friend of mine he thinks she is georgious and has had a thing for her for a while now. Last week he was also flirting with a girl in front of me that he works with. We went on a volunteer trip with his work and he walked with this other girl and spent the whole day with her leaving my brother and I to work and walk with people we dont know. He got mad at me when I got upset with him for flirting. I ended up on the couch that night. I am really upset we have only been married for 2 years and have 1 child together and I have a child he wants to adopt from a previous relationship. 

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RockTheSocks
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM

its time for counseling.  

The fact is that enev if he is not cheating there is something wrong in your relationship or you wouldnt be concerned about it.

So, now is the timethat you tell him that you have some concerns about his behavior and your relationship and that youd like to go to counseling to flush it all out with the help of a non-partisan 3rd party so that you can strengthen your relationship.

Good Luck!

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I am sorry but your husband is disrespecting you! if my SO ever did that he would be out the door.. He sounds like a dog and a cheater, you should move on, I know it's hard my ex cheated on me and I was left alone to raise our daughter, but I look back now and think it was better than staying with him because  I dodn't want Emily to see daddy cheating on mommy and thinking it was okay for a guy to cheat on her.. If you need to talk you can PM me.. Hang in there

infantrychick
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Unacceptable behavior.  Counseling, counseling, counseling.  If he refuses to do the work to make your relationship better, then make your plans to amicably divorce.  Just remember that even though you feel justified in being angry over his behavior, it may be a (immature and inappropriate) reaction to something he is angry or upset about.  A counselor can help you both communicate effectively.

It is my personal opinion that the reason so many women have self-esteem problems is because we're all such judgemental bitches.

postermomt
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

i hate when ppl compare then man to someone Else like there is perfect..smh

i think your husband has a lack of respect of you and you  need to stand up for yourself more

Quoting emilysmom8:

I am sorry but your husband is disrespecting you! if my SO ever did that he would be out the door.. He sounds like a dog and a cheater, you should move on, I know it's hard my ex cheated on me and I was left alone to raise our daughter, but I look back now and think it was better than staying with him because  I dodn't want Emily to see daddy cheating on mommy and thinking it was okay for a guy to cheat on her.. If you need to talk you can PM me.. Hang in there

Melawhite
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I had concerns for awhile that my husband was cheating on me a few years ago... Now I have a 2yr old stepdaughter! My intuitions were right and yours may be too. You should confront him asap, but not in a way that is going to threaten him. Come to him as an equal otherwise he wont open up about how hes feeling. Also sont accuse him of anything, tell him "this is how I've been feeling". Dont throw out altimatums, that will just make it worse. I suggested the councelling thing too but he wouldnt go for it. We split up for about a year or so but eventually worked it out and will be celebrating our 5yr next month.

If you wanna talk, I'm here

Just tread carefully and good luck,

~Mel

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I was not comparing my SO to her DH, and I never said my So was perfect. What I said was her Dh is disrespecting her. I know my SO is not perfect he has his faults (just like every other human) and we do get into disagreements, but the one unforgiveable thing to me is cheating, so yes if I ever caught my SO cheating his ass would be at the curb!!

Quoting postermomt:

i hate when ppl compare then man to someone Else like there is perfect..smh

i think your husband has a lack of respect of you and you  need to stand up for yourself more

Quoting emilysmom8:

mommato2boys79
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

it just might be me  but i would kick the crap outta my husband. its okay for them to think other people is pretty but never georgious and he better never flirt and deff. not in front of me.

mommyin07n08
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM

whats sad is even I think 2 of the 3 of these girls are prettier than me. Tall blonde blue eyes and skinny. Definatly not me since I have had 2 kids.

Quoting mommato2boys79:

it just might be me  but i would kick the crap outta my husband. its okay for them to think other people is pretty but never georgious and he better never flirt and deff. not in front of me.

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Well if he is going for looks and not what's on the inside, I would say he can go. I saw your pics, your beautiful! Don't ever think less of yourself. :)

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

ehall13
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Im not being rude but your self esteem seems low. Thinking they are prettier than you is making and putting your self down I have 4 kids and I alays thought whos going to ant me ?  If he was or is attracted to you and married you he found something there. Fix your self up and lookin the mirror and say u are unique and beautiful everymorning and no one can take that away .. The issue of him telling other oman that they are gorgeous is disrespect  towards you. Let him know thats wrong and you dont like it make sure to get your self fixed up every morning so he ont see hes bringing you down. Him getting mad at you for him flirting as reverse phycology makes you feel like you are the problem and your wrong. DONT TAKE THAT and he sleeps on couch not you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)